Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: she started! & alread pissed off the neighbors!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
parked 15 years
biggrin.gif aktion035.gif
GeorgeRud
Do you mean that a loud exhaust is reverberating off the walls of the box canyon that you live in?

You must be in one of the more interesting locations for a 914. The million dollar highway is intimidating enough in the summer, nevermind now!
highways
You haven't really pissed off your neighbors until you run it with no muffler what so ever. rock_band.gif fighting19.gif party.gif rock_band.gif whack_3.gif

dancinnanner.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFELVnbm1s
smg914
I worry about receiving a letter from the Home Owners Association every time T.C. stops by my house for a visit. driving.gif

Note: T.C.'s 914-6 street car has 2 megaphones for an exhaust.
736conver
You need "cool" neighbors.

My neighbor across the street, 100 feet or so, will take his 67 cutlass and do burnouts in his driveway. Other neighbor down the road has a 68 firebird, 69 vette and a 66 corvair with a V8 in the front. Another neighbor has a 68? ragtop bug. A couple more houses down and there is a 69 bumblebee with a 440.
Its odd not to hear a car revving during the weekends in summer time.
PeeGreen 914
My neighbors don't mind me at all when we have a few dumb ass ricers that blow through our street in high 2nd (about 55) when the limit is a 25 chair.gif . My car looks like a prce in comparison. Well, unless Jeff is helping set the timimg at 9pm. My neighbors are in ther late 80s but very nice. I got a "boy you guys were working late" from that one laugh.gif They don't really mind though.

Nice work guys. Hope to hear more about your car soon biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 12 2009, 11:50 PM) *

My neighbors don't mind me at all when we have a few dumb ass ricers that blow through our street in high 2nd (about 55) when the limit is a 25 chair.gif . My car looks like a prce in comparison. Well, unless Jeff is helping set the timimg at 9pm. My neighbors are in ther late 80s but very nice. I got a "boy you guys were working late" from that one laugh.gif They don't really mind though.

Boy you guys were working late ....
That is the older generations polite way of saying...

WTF, keep it down over there...for crying out loud, 9pm is way to late to be revving and engine you ungrateful little punk.

Translation complete
Rich
Solo914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 12 2009, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 12 2009, 11:50 PM) *

WTF, keep it down over there...for crying out loud, 9pm is way to late to be revving and engine you ungrateful little punk.

Translation complete
Rich

I think the proper reply would be "WHAT!? I can't hear you, I blew my ear drums out setting the timing on my car last night" heh

Kyle

PS: When I was building my exhaust a few weeks ago I just had to start the engine without any exhaust.... yeah baby. My neighbors are all old and I don't care, well that's not true, I care, just not enough to curb the fun I have in my garage wink.gif Which reminds me, I need to head over to my dad's and help him tune the carbs on the 63 Sprite racecar.... thats always SO quiet smile.gif

Kyle
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 12 2009, 09:07 PM) *

Translation complete
Rich

I know what they mean beerchug.gif I can translate old people language rather well laugh.gif . They really do like me as I take good care of my property and help them out when I can.
Eric_Shea
We let T.C. Come by for a visit... Once! biggrin.gif

(I think he killed a big animal on the way)
carr914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jan 12 2009, 10:57 PM) *

I worry about receiving a letter from the Home Owners Association every time T.C. stops by my house for a visit. driving.gif

Note: T.C.'s 914-6 street car has 2 megaphones for an exhaust.

What's you talkin bout, Willis? This a sweet, sweet sound, your neighbors should be honored that I came by to wake them up from their naps.

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 13 2009, 02:57 AM) *

We let T.C. Come by for a visit... Once! biggrin.gif

(I think he killed a big animal on the way)

Man, I forgot about hitting that friggin big Deer (the ones we have here are the size of dogs). He was so big, he just bounced off the rental car and ran away. Otherwise, Seanery, you and the family, and I could have had some venison burgers chowtime.gif

T.C.
mudfoot76
Not all old people hate loud cars (none of us probably will when we get there)...

I have a few elderly neighbors and they loved hearing me fire up my teener. Soon enough, I have a crowd in the garage. Two of them would work at the Speedway in their spare time during the 50s and 60s, so we would get to hear all sorts of stories about Indy 500 drivers from back in the day.

One of them passed away this past Fall. He was so looking forward to seeing and hearing my 2270 run and going for a ride.
dinomium
I ran both of mine with exhaust pumping straight out on the ground. All of my neighbors came by to see if I had bought 8 harleys!
hcdmueller
Sounds like my startup 2 weeks ago. I had the engine running for cam break in and 5 minutes into it my neighbor down the street came to bitch. It was 8pm on a friday night and I don't speak German so I left the engine running until the cam was good.
Al Meredith
I used to have a formula V race car with a 4 into 1 megaphone on it. About every 2 or 3 months we would take it out and run it around the neighborhood to keep the fluids running ( mine and the cars) . I would take about three laps and my son, who was about 13 at the time would do a couple of laps . Then we would put it in the garage and close the door. Within a couple of minutes the police would come down the street. They never did find us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.