Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks Canada for sending us your usual balmy weather
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I was greated bye1.gif by this this morning and it's going to be colder tomorrow.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 13 2009, 10:33 AM) *

I was greated bye1.gif by this this morning and it's going to be colder tomorrow.

Balmy = mild confused24.gif

I believe the cold is actually coming from Alaska. biggrin.gif
ericread
It was close to 90 degrees in SoCal yesterday, and forecast to be 88 degrees today. So yes, thank you for the balmy weather lol3.gif

I'm scheduled to be in Minnetonka in either late March or early April. As punishment for living in sunny southern Cali, I'm called back to corporate HQ each winter. I think they really enjoy watching me shiver...

Eric wavey.gif
Wilhelm
Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Palm Springs in 48 hours and counting down! piratenanner.gif I grew up in Great Falls, MT and can't say I miss the miserable coldness there.
rick 918-S
Here come the flip flops trying to blow sunshine up our ... bootyshake.gif dry.gif I had to retreat to the third floor to get warm. dry.gif My heat bill is going to suck! mad.gif
ericread
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 13 2009, 11:08 AM) *

Here come the flip flops trying to blow sunshine up our ... bootyshake.gif dry.gif I had to retreat to the third floor to get warm. dry.gif My heat bill is going to suck! mad.gif

I understand your pain... My air-conditioning bill is going to be killing me this month. stirthepot.gif devil.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Jan 13 2009, 10:43 AM) *

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Palm Springs in 48 hours and counting down! piratenanner.gif I grew up in Great Falls, MT and can't say I miss the miserable coldness there.

I live a little east of Palm Springs, it's about 85 today. Should be about the same all week. Doing a BBQ + 4X4 week end if its not to hot. sad.gif

I understand your pain... My air-conditioning bill is going to be killing me this month.

biggrin.gif

Balmy = mild

I believe the cold is actually coming from Alaska.

I have heard some really funny jokes from our Cryogenic Brothers from the North.
So I know you all have a sence of humor. shades.gif
balljoint
Hey, you can't take Pamela Anderson and then complain about a little chilly weather that we ship down there as well. You gotta take the bad with the good! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 13 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Hey, you can't take Pamela Anderson and then complain about a little chilly weather that we ship down there as well. You gotta take the bad with the good! biggrin.gif

Huh??? Which is the good? You can have that skank back any time you want!!!

I wonder if her hepititis is covered by Canadien social medicine???
pete-stevers
sure sure...now we are blaming the poor canadians....
i actually went for my first bike ride of the year today...it wasn't bad at all
Mark Henry
Chappy we're south (east) of you so your're the one sending this shite here.
Fuch me...it's -25C here...oh for you US peeps thats -13F

I wonder if her hepititis is covered by Canadien social medicine???

No it wouldn't be, she would have to move back as a permanent resident, then it would be fully covered.
sww914
You could move.
iamchappy
The snow has that nice squeak to it under foot this morning.
Some of you wont understand.........
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 15 2009, 07:21 AM) *

I was 20 before I saw snow come from the sky that wasn't shot from a cannon.

Squeak... blink.gif
rick 918-S
All schools were cancelled here today. I guess they didn't want to have to chip the kids boots off the ground to get them in the busses.. dry.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 15 2009, 12:31 PM) *

All schools were cancelled here today. I guess they didn't want to have to chip the kids boots off the ground to get them in the busses.. dry.gif

My kids pray for snow days smiley_notworthy.gif dance.gif

I don't dry.gif 4 or 5 already this year.
jmill
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 15 2009, 10:27 AM) *

Squeak... blink.gif

You know it's cold out when it squeaks. It's warm when the snow just smushes without any noise. It's chilly when it crunches. When it squeaks you better cover up yours ears. Otherwise, you might snap one off.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jmill @ Jan 15 2009, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 15 2009, 10:27 AM) *

Squeak... blink.gif

You know it's cold out when it squeaks. It's warm when the snow just smushes without any noise. It's chilly when it crunches. When it squeaks you better cover up yours ears. Otherwise, you might snap one off.

I don't think I ever went sking when I couldn't take my shirt off and get a tan. And this snapping off of body parts has convinced me I did the right thing. Geeze huh.gif
iamchappy
It was -40 in International Falls this morning it would be even colder in the low lying areas, add wind chill it gets dangerous. One more night in the below 20's and then we will see a slight warm up. anything above 0 now will feel great!
FourBlades

Here in middle florida it dipped into the upper 50s today. I had to put on long
pants and shoes, and even then it was bitter cold!!! I actually stopped sweating
for a few minutes today, unheard of!!!

John

davep
Colorado low or Alaskan High, the crap always comes from the USA.
r_towle
I hate squeeky snow.

Rich
iamchappy
I believe this ones coming from Yellow Knife...
The weather your sending us is your warm stuff.
iamchappy
mad.gif Another fine morning, the warmer stuff is suppose to be coming.
I get to go to Florida next week where it's 105º warmer. piratenanner.gif
ottox914
-28 in Rice Lake this AM. ugh. At least they gave us some good stuff to, like Mike Meyers. When it hits zero, why keep counting. -5 is cold, -10 is cold, -28 is cold.
VaccaRabite
Tonight was supposed to be my first garage night in several weeks. I have been looking forward to it. But my garage was freak'n 0 degrees this morning, and it is supposed to get colder tonight.

I am equipped for the standard 20-30 degree winters here in PA, but this is just silly. And we don't even have any snow to squeek in. This past week we were supposed to see 10 inches fall in total, and all we got was a 1/2 inch or so. Bollocks!

Zach
Gint
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 16 2009, 06:23 AM) *
mad.gif Another fine morning, the warmer stuff is suppose to be coming.
I get to go to Florida next week where it's 105º warmer. piratenanner.gif

av-943.gif I was hoping to get a new pic today.

Seriously, what a drag. I left the house at 06:00 this morning in the dark. I had to put the top back on the 914 because at 30 degrees it's a little too chilly, even with the heat on. Unless I wear pants instead of shorts and it's just going to be too nice today (all weekend in fact) to wear long pants. smile.gif It won't be 80 here or anything so extreme, but I'll take 50-60 in January.

Hang in there northern brothers.
iamchappy
Mornings like this make it difficult to leave the Igloo to go potty.
ericread
I feel your pain. At 8:00 AM this morning it's only 54 degrees in Irvine, CA... Brrrrrrrrr....

It should hit about 78 degrees by 2:00 pm, so I guess I'll defrost later today.

I'm thinking about signing up for a beginning sailing course at Newport Beach for next month. But with temps not expected to be over 70 degrees, I'm a bit worried about being out on the water in that weather. lol3.gif

I hguess I can tough it out...

biggrin.gif

So.Cal.914
Dudes, I don't know how you do it. But if it makes you feel any better it will be 125 here this summer. Bad with the good. huh.gif
ericread
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 16 2009, 08:26 AM) *

Dudes, I don't know how you do it. But if it makes you feel any better it will be 125 here this summer. Bad with the good. huh.gif

Yep, the good with the bad. We fully expect temperatures to hit 85 this summer here. biggrin.gif

OK, a few earthquakes and brush fires aside, it's not a bad place to be. And as long as we can keep stealing water from Northern California and Nevada, our lawns stay nice and green stirthepot.gif

Eric
VaccaRabite
I am sitting here trying to see what I can layer up in so as not to waste the night, and also not freeze. This will make normal temps in the 20s seem warm when they get back.

If you canuckistanies are going to send us all your cold air, can't you at least mix some snow in it? I've not even put gas in the snow blower this year.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.