Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
I broke this down into sub groups so we can track each item to conclusion. Only post in the information about merchandise in the thread.

Thumbs up or down for merch.

"T" Shirts?

Hats?

How about a Wind Breaker in case it's raining?
I've been to several events and never got a wind breaker. Lots of "T" Shirts though... idea.gif
r_towle
I vote no.
That is because I dont want to deal with it. laugh.gif

Rich
VaccaRabite
From what I have learned in the past:
Carry no stock for sale to the event. If we only do pre-sales, then we don't have to worry about ended up with a ton of unsalable product after the event.

For Hershey - we don't want to do t-shirts. Its usually way too cold for them.
Sweatshirts, hoodies, or lightweight jackets could work well through.

Jackets like these: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/J...rk_jackets.html
or these: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/J...rk_jackets.html
are cheap to buy, can have logo printed on them, and names embroidered. And, will keep you a little warmer on a chilly April day.

Shirts like these:
http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Uniforms/work_shirts.html are inexpensive and fairly durable. We used this shirt in gray: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/S...ork_shirts.html for the ECC2008 shirts. They sold very well, and turned out nicely.

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 14 2009, 05:09 AM) *

From what I have learned in the past:
Carry no stock for sale to the event. If we only do pre-sales, then we don't have to worry about ended up with a ton of unsalable product after the event.

For Hershey - we don't want to do t-shirts. Its usually way too cold for them.
Sweatshirts, hoodies, or lightweight jackets could work well through.

Jackets like these: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/J...rk_jackets.html
or these: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/J...rk_jackets.html
are cheap to buy, can have logo printed on them, and names embroidered. And, will keep you a little warmer on a chilly April day.

Shirts like these:
http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Uniforms/work_shirts.html are inexpensive and fairly durable. We used this shirt in gray: http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/RedKap/S...ork_shirts.html for the ECC2008 shirts. They sold very well, and turned out nicely.

Zach

Very nice Zach!

Here's another option.
http://www.classiccloseouts.com/items.asp?iid=74123
r_towle
Zach....your pic if creapy

Rich
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 15 2009, 12:23 PM) *

Zach....your pic if creapy

Rich

agree.gif
VaccaRabite
Its a joke. I'll change it to something else tomorrow.

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 15 2009, 02:47 PM) *

Zach

I like it. laugh.gif My son scanned one of his baby pics and did this. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Sorry I got off track! screwy.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 15 2009, 05:47 PM) *

Zach

Funny, I said one thing in the moustache thread and it took off like fire....what a funny place this has become...no mercy at the 914World...lol

Rich
rmital
now we got logo....website almost....how about the Merchandise.

I lost track of where it stands.

I wouldn't mind have a momento of the event. Others visiting the offical website might be able to preorder? Maybe I could try to get some sponsorship to help pay.

My guys guy gave me a tee shirt price of $12 for good quality one sided; $15 for two sided tee shirts.

He could produce hoodies or wind breakers. I'll try to get some number on them too.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 30 2009, 06:51 AM) *

now we got logo....website almost....how about the Merchandise.

I lost track of where it stands.

I wouldn't mind have a momento of the event. Others visiting the offical website might be able to preorder? Maybe I could try to get some sponsorship to help pay.

My guys guy gave me a tee shirt price of $12 for good quality one sided; $15 for two sided tee shirts.

He could produce hoodies or wind breakers. I'll try to get some number on them too.

I'm with you. I like Zach's windbreaker idea considering it sounds like it rains every year. I think the Windbreaker could be factored into the event price.

Can you get a cost by Friday?
rmital
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 30 2009, 11:44 AM) *

I'm with you. I like Zach's windbreaker idea considering it sounds like it rains every year. I think the Windbreaker could be factored into the event price.

today is Friday...

do we want printing on front and back?

maybe just the logo and date on the one side??
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 30 2009, 09:02 AM) *

today is Friday...

What a dork.... I went all day thinking it was Thursday... screwy.gif confused24.gif

Here's an unusual Idea. How about the vertical logo down one sleeve?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 30 2009, 07:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 30 2009, 09:02 AM) *

today is Friday...

Here's an unusual Idea. How about the vertical logo down one sleeve?

Anyone second this idea? I have never seen an event jacket or long sleeve shirt with the event logo down the sleeve. idea.gif
VaccaRabite
I have seen it before, but I don't know that it is very effective. The sleeve makes it hard to read, and the screen printing may crack and ware faster then normal due to all the extra flexing that sleeves tend to go through.

Zach
rmital
I'll ask for ideas from the vendors I speak with
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 3 2009, 05:41 AM) *

I have seen it before, but I don't know that it is very effective. The sleeve makes it hard to read, and the screen printing may crack and ware faster then normal due to all the extra flexing that sleeves tend to go through.

Zach

Ya, That's likely why you don't see it much.
rmital
zach,
getting this message when trying to open the cars_shirt.ai file.

VaccaRabite
I have to go off site for the rest of the day, and still don't have the ability to get on line from home. (at least I am home now...). I'll resave the image with PDF support tomorrow and send it to you.

Zach
rmital
I have three requests out for quotes on:

Tee shirts
windbreakers
hats
long sleeve tee shirts
etc...if they have any suggestions

one new vendor that I have never delt with, and two local guys that have done tons of work for me over the past 10 years.

Hopefully prices are resonable....I've usually spent other's money (Athletic Association, Recreation Committee, etc.)

There still seems to be enough time to look into other's if we're not satisfied.
rmital
First quotes to get back to me. Of course he neglected to give me numbers on hats and windbreakers. I'll re-ask.

TEE-$9.99/pc
LONG SLEEVE TEE-$12.99
plus $75.00 set up charge($25.00/color)
3-4 days should be good.
thank you!
G. S. Lee
SPORTS EXPERT
201-664-5600
201-664-0756 (fax)
rick 918-S
Good job Ray! Glad your on this. popcorn[1].gif
rmital
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2009, 09:20 PM) *

Good job Ray! Glad your on this. popcorn[1].gif

still waiting to hear back from 2 other vendors...
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 5 2009, 01:24 PM) *

First quotes to get back to me. Of course he neglected to give me numbers on hats and windbreakers. I'll re-ask.

TEE-$9.99/pc
LONG SLEEVE TEE-$12.99
plus $75.00 set up charge($25.00/color)
3-4 days should be good.
thank you!
G. S. Lee
SPORTS EXPERT
201-664-5600
201-664-0756 (fax)

Mr. Lee spoke to me about hats and windbreakers.....

he thinks (and could be right) that our logo might be too busy for a hat. And 3 colors on "windbreakers" is a risk. Once you get to the third color, the material starts to shift, and could be a mess. But did give a price, and windbreaker would be $39.00 not to thrilled about that.

my favorite and the most appropriate for the weekend might be a long sleeve tee shirt. 12.99 doesn't seem too expensive....

still waiting to hear back from other quotes...I'm trying to deal with 3 vendors.
rmital
heard back from Stable Energies:
...it's a start!

Hi Ray,

This looks like the 914 guys are going to have a great get together. We would be happy to offer you some stable energies promotional items. We will put together a package for you.We will let you know when it is ready. Did you want to pick it up?

Sincerely,

Laurette Foshay

Stable Energies
175 Passaic Street
Garfield, NJ 07026
Phone 973-773-3177
Fax 973.773.3178
Laurette@StableEnergies.com
www.StableEnergies.com
rick 918-S
And so it begins.... WOO HOOooo! aktion035.gif Way to go Ray! biggrin.gif
rmital
I recieved a message back from Autohaus:

Sounds like a fun time. The 914 happened to be one of my first cars ever.

We do sponsor this Hershey event via the local Porsche Club, and also the autocross as well, which is a separate sponsorship.

I would be able to contribute something to your event in the form of a small door prize but would not be able to extend this event sponsorship out any further.

I think that these are really great cars, but they are not part of our core business, and the sponsorship requests are many. I am sorry, but these times do not allow further spending.

I do happen to have three 914s in my basement here at the dealership in the basement collection area. I do invite your attendees to come and visit the collection, and you are welcome to extend that invitation to all of your participants.

I hope that you have a great turnout.

Kind Regards

Tom

QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 9 2009, 09:35 AM) *

I recieved a message back from Autohaus:

Sounds like a fun time. The 914 happened to be one of my first cars ever.

We do sponsor this Hershey event via the local Porsche Club, and also the autocross as well, which is a separate sponsorship.

I would be able to contribute something to your event in the form of a small door prize but would not be able to extend this event sponsorship out any further.

I think that these are really great cars, but they are not part of our core business, and the sponsorship requests are many. I am sorry, but these times do not allow further spending.

I do happen to have three 914s in my basement here at the dealership in the basement collection area. I do invite your attendees to come and visit the collection, and you are welcome to extend that invitation to all of your participants.

I hope that you have a great turnout.

Kind Regards

Tom

Nice work Ray! Could you be sure to post a link here to anyone wanting to sponsor this event?

I will have Forrest place a sponsor page on the web site.
r_towle
Ask him to bring out one of his basement cars that is a real show stopper...that would be great advertising for them to show their real love the the 914.

Rich
rick 918-S
Ray, Did you ever have a chance to lock up a deal with oldschool?

Forrest is waiting for a link for swag.
rmital
yep...just sent he Dr. Evils logo for the back of the shirt, so he could finish set up. He just requested for me to resend our event graphics, not sure why. But I'd have to imagine that he's just about done setting up the shirt ordering site/process/stuff.
rmital
emailing/contacting/PMing all "sponsors" today. Requesting they prepare and ship any give-away's to me in the next week or so; so it could be determined what is available for "prizes/awards" at the 914 get-together Saturday night.

I wont be sure what my work situation will be till the week of the event, but I will definitely attend the swap meet Saturday, rain or shine. I could hand off the stuff to Mike, Zach or Rich to bring to the party that evening.
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 6 2009, 12:43 PM) *

emailing/contacting/PMing all "sponsors" today. Requesting they prepare and ship any give-away's to me in the next week or so; so it could be determined what is available for "prizes/awards" at the 914 get-together Saturday night.

I wont be sure what my work situation will be till the week of the event, but I will definitely attend the swap meet Saturday, rain or shine. I could hand off the stuff to Mike, Zach or Rich to bring to the party that evening.

already heard back from George Hussey...he'll ship stuff to me this week.
rmital

also just heard back from Autohaus:

Tom wrote:
We will get a goddie box together for these guys and have it for them at the SWAP. Ray, visit us at our booth.

Seppo, see me and we will make a donation to their function.

rick 918-S
Keep up the great work Ray! aktion035.gif
rmital

..also heard back from Mr. Mike Lesniak:

CV bolts and a tranny rebuild will be donated to the cause....personally, the bolts would be a very cool something to walk away with!
rmital
got a return text message from Brad Roberts BRAG:

He'll be in CT working on a 9146 project that week and will be attending Hershey. He'll be bringing giveaway stuff too.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 7 2009, 11:32 AM) *

got a return text message from Brad Roberts BRAG:

He'll be in CT working on a 9146 project that week and will be attending Hershey. He'll be bringing giveaway stuff too.

Cool!
rmital
just got off the phone with Chris Foley (Tangerine Racing- CFR):

he will attend the event and will be bringing a broken cam shaft award for the 914 in most need of maintenance....and they will also be given a case of BRAD PENN OIL

...not bad.
rmital
Stable Energies:

they're still on the fence...they might either provide gift certificates or shirts and sweat shirts with, of course their names on them.

They sell lots of race/autoX stuff to all the 911/boxster guys. After letting them know that a good portion of our group will be beating the crap out of their cars on Sunday, they will probably provide certificates to purchase merchadise. They seem to be the go to people on the east coast for helmets, cages, etc....just from seeing PCA events or work shops they sponsor.
VaccaRabite
I got this message in the webmail this evening. Ray, since you are doing most of the sponsorship stuff, would you give them a ring?

Good morning,

My name is Reid, and I'm the Creative Director with AutoAtlanta in
Georgia.

George Hussey, the owner asked me to contact you and see if we could
provide any door prizes for your meeting. I am coming in to this a
bit late, but if there's anything I can do, please let me know.

I can probably send some T-Shirts and some other things for you to
give away as prizes.

Please let me know and I will get somethng together and ship it ASAP

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Reid Bianchine
Creative & Marketing Director
Automobile Atlanta
505 South Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060
reid@autoatlanta.com

rick 918-S
Hi Zach, I sent Ray an email to be sure he sees this. Great News!
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 14 2009, 08:42 PM) *

I got this message in the webmail this evening. Ray, since you are doing most of the sponsorship stuff, would you give them a ring?

Good morning,

My name is Reid, and I'm the Creative Director with AutoAtlanta in
Georgia.

George Hussey, the owner asked me to contact you and see if we could
provide any door prizes for your meeting. I am coming in to this a
bit late, but if there's anything I can do, please let me know.

I can probably send some T-Shirts and some other things for you to
give away as prizes.

Please let me know and I will get somethng together and ship it ASAP

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Reid Bianchine
Creative & Marketing Director
Automobile Atlanta
505 South Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060
reid@autoatlanta.com

will do...funny, George said he was shipping stuff to me over a week ago. I guess this supports the usual AA bad comunication stories.
rmital
just got off the phone with Reid from AA...we had a good laugh. George does drag his feet with most stuff. So he'll be dropping goodies in the mail today so I have by next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.