Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire pressure recommendations....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BravoHotel
Anyone running these tires. What kind of pressures are you using? Autocross and DE.

Thanks
BH
Demick
I run them (Victoracers) at autocross. They are pretty flexible as far as tire pressures go. I would start at 30 (cold) all around and adjust from there. If it is a smooth high grip surface, I usually go higher (like 35 cold).

Demick
J P Stein
They worked best for me at 26 psi, cold.....at AX,but that's with -2 camber at both ends. The tires roll "some" with pressures that low. Here a pic...rerun. Look at the side wall of the rear tire.
john rogers
I agree with JP, 25 to 26 cold if you have a 4, a pond or so more in the rear with a 6. These are for an autocross and for a DE or time trial with continuous laps I'd set the pressures to 26 hot front and rear. Try to find someone with a pyrometer and ask them to read tire temps for you. Good luck
campbellcj
agree.gif

I used to run the Kumhos much higher, about the same as Hoosiers (38-40 hot). Then Tyson Schmidt from TRE told me he gets much better grip at 24-26psi, so I tried it, and the difference was major.
ChrisReale
I SHOOT FOR 27 COLD
Andyrew
What about street tires?? Im running 30 all around (I think)

I bet its too high..

andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.