Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
r_towle
So,
We will all enter the concours (sp) with our cars...shitboxes or not.
We get better parking that way.
We will devise a certain sheet that all the members will get and have to fill out..only cars in the show get a sheet to fill out about the other cars...

All peoples choice, and only for those brace enough to enter.
We will know ahead of time the numbers...we will make people sign up on the web site.
They are kinda ok with us doing this, but I think we will need to be sly about it.

RIch
Dr Evil
Last year was BS as it was the 1st year I had to pay $10 just to park among other cars......oh wait, it was the 1st year I had a 914 rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
So if I'm getting this, We plan to have our own Car show after the swap meet/concours because the organizers get wacky if you try to have a show within a show Right?

Are we having this at the Palmyra Hotel? How big is the Bowling Alley parking lot? Maybe that would be a good option?
Dr Evil
Here is a satellite image of the parking lots smile.gif
rick 918-S
Nice! The bowling Alley lot is pretty big. If they are not having leagues I'm thinking that would be a good gathering place for a show and shine.

What say you?
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 13 2009, 11:35 PM) *

So,
We will all enter the concours (sp) with our cars...shitboxes or not.
We get better parking that way.

I'm all for better parking...how much more for the concours spots?
Dr Evil
Concorse is $10. No biggie. The bowling alley is usually not packed, and we maight be able to work something out where they hold the farthest rows in reserve for us. Also, the Hotel has a decent lot.
r_towle
I think that a drunk car show is way more our style.
I vote at the hotel...that way people wont need to drive...even to the alley.
We dont want to promote any driving while intoxicated...not cool. We have no insurance and we dont need to find out who the biggest asshole is at this event..
The guy who decides to sue someone for his own stupidity of driving drunk.
I dont want to go down the road of getting insurance so lets either make everyone sign a waiver (might be prudent anyways) or let make the booze a BYOB setup...so its not on any of us.

If we all have rooms, we all will have parking.
We can make it work out...If we have to double park, so what. We will be standing right there..

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 30 2009, 02:34 PM) *

I think that a drunk car show is way more our style.
I vote at the hotel...that way people wont need to drive...even to the alley.
We dont want to promote any driving while intoxicated...not cool. We have no insurance and we dont need to find out who the biggest asshole is at this event..
The guy who decides to sue someone for his own stupidity of driving drunk.
I dont want to go down the road of getting insurance so lets either make everyone sign a waiver (might be prudent anyways) or let make the booze a BYOB setup...so its not on any of us.

If we all have rooms, we all will have parking.
We can make it work out...If we have to double park, so what. We will be standing right there..

Rich

Sounds resonable to me.
r_towle
zactly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.