Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Going to Hollywood!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I just arrived in Hollywood, ca to start the process of taking over the family buisness! I don't want to live down here again but someone has to do it! blink.gif

I will have to touch base with a few of you when this post-2-1117899824.gif calms down!

JRust
With American Idol just starting I thought it might be something else popcorn[1].gif
I was all ready to see the guy drive up in a 914 to the idol tryouts av-943.gif
ericread
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 14 2009, 05:04 PM) *

I just arrived in Hollywood, ca to start the process of taking over the family buisness! I don't want to live down here again but someone has to do it! blink.gif

I will have to touch base with a few of you when this post-2-1117899824.gif calms down!

Are you taking over management of the "Hustler Magazine" store?

Seriously, what business are you taking over? I make it up that way from time to time and I'd love to drop in for a visit... In fact, I pass right through Hollywood on my way to TRE Motorsports when I pick up my Brad Penn.

Eric Read
kconway
I thought I read at sometime you were unloading an upscale Japanese resturant? Magic Castle? confused24.gif
kconway
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 14 2009, 05:22 PM) *

Seriously, what business are you taking over? I make it up that way from time to time and I'd love to drop in for a visit... In fact, I pass right through Hollywood on my way to TRE Motorsports when I pick up my Brad Penn.

Eric Read

TRE from the OC? EMW in the southbay stocks Brad Penn but TRE is always nice to loiter at TRE.
ericread
QUOTE(kconway @ Jan 14 2009, 06:04 PM) *

Eric Read

TRE from the OC? EMW in the southbay stocks Brad Penn but TRE is always nice to loiter at TRE.

The TRE folks are always really good to work with, and it used to be just down the street from Performance. Besides, it makes a good excuse to visit Universal Studios...

EMW? Sorry, I don't recognize the name...

kconway
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 14 2009, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Jan 14 2009, 06:04 PM) *

Eric Read

The TRE folks are always really good to work with, and it used to be just down the street from Performance. Besides, it makes a good excuse to visit Universal Studios...

EMW? Sorry, I don't recognize the name...

European Motor Works...good place for headwork and trinkets.
SirAndy

smilie_pokal.gif

Now i have a place to get drunk when i'm down there ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Jeffs9146
I thought I read at sometime you were unloading an upscale Japanese resturant? Magic Castle?

Wow, someone actually reads this stuff!!! Yes, this weekend will decide if I need to hang out mad.gif or not piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif !
Jeffs9146
Andy

Andy, What happened with your bar in Oaktown?
tod914
Jeff plenty to keep you busy in that area. If you can contend with the traffic, you can definetly have alot of fun in L.A.
Jeffs9146
I have done the "LA' gig before, and had a great time doing it, but I am at a time in my life where leaving my family and coming down here to work is not my idea of fun!

I just have to suck it up and get it done so I can get back to looking at my 914 sitting on its jack stands and begging me to do something!! wub.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 14 2009, 11:52 PM) *

Andy

Andy, What happened with your bar in Oaktown?

Funny how things work sometimes.
The very same day i was supposed to meet with the landlord to sign the lease, i got a phone call from someone "in the know" telling me about all the trouble the place had with the city.

My gut told me to back out, which is what i did. They rented the place to someone else and i have been there a few times and it turns out that all the things that were supposed to be trouble with the place are true and then some.
The new guy has been contemplating throwing in the towel a few times in the last few months already as he's constantly fighting with the city.

Man, am i glad that i answered my phone that day ...
shades.gif Andy
Jeffs9146
telling me about all the trouble the place had with the city.

Yes, that's what I was talking about when I said to look into the city zoning and issues!!

Good job dodging that one!! beerchug.gif
cymaster007
Now you can check out the Pomona Auto Swapmeet!
Maltese Falcon
Jeff, if you haven't located a place to live, we have an apt available in the Melrose/ Hollywood area for long/short term needs. Of course you get the 914World "Treatment" smile.gif
I'll send a PM...
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.