Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Ideas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
It turns out I have two night shifts left and then I'm off for twelve days. Airfare to Vegas is $168.00 (Taxes are another $224.00) Flight leaves here Sunday night @ 19:45

I was thinking of picking up a rental car there and heading somewhere that there isn't any snow or Southwest flys places cheep..............Ideas?
Toast
Southwest flies into Ontario California much cheeper than vegas. Vegas is 3 hours from Ontario. The beach is one hour west. Palm Springs (its really warm there right now!) is one hour. San Diego is one and a half hours. Havasu is 4 hours. Glamas is 2 hours?
And it doesnt snow in any of thoes places!

Just FYI.
Toast
Oh, and you can get a rental car there, and the freeway is 2 blocks away from the airport.
StratPlayer
Los Cabos, no snow,, lots to do....on the baja
GWN7
Thanks for the ideas. Only time I was in Cal was to Ontario. I was there for about 9 hrs and caught a flight to Vegas (think it was about $68 return) Missed my return flight back to Ontario and had to buy another ticket ($100 Continental) only to find out that my return flight home was canceled. The nice gal at the North West counter got me on a flight to Az and then they hooked me up to get home.

Keep the ideas coming........ beerchug.gif
Gint
If you'r egoing to be in Vegas, send an email neforehand to Rennegade Hybrids. They'll give ya the nickle tour.
GWN7
Stopped at Renegrade when I picked up the red roller last year. Scott gave me the tour and a T-shirt which I have seen occasionly on my son since. I think I even got to wear it once. laugh.gif
Toast
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Feb 18 2004, 11:46 PM)
Thanks for the ideas. Only time I was in Cal was to Ontario. I was there for about 9 hrs and caught a flight to Vegas (think it was about $68 return) Missed my return flight back to Ontario and had to buy another ticket ($100 Continental) only to find out that my return flight home was canceled. The nice gal at the North West counter got me on a flight to Az and then they hooked me up to get home.

Keep the ideas coming........ beerchug.gif

When did you do this flight into Ontario? Ive never had a problem with them, but there were similar problems like yours before they became an International airport 3 years ago. I like Ontario because its only 15 minutes from my house. wink.gif It is sooo much less congested than LAX, and seems to be a better 'central location' to everything.

Good luck on your travel.
GWN7
It was over 3 years ago that I was there. Flew in on North West. That route for them was a feeder route and being so, was the first leg that would be canceled if there was a problem in their system (and it was).

I stayed at a hotel next to the airport. We had a sales meeting which lasted about 1 hr because Contental lost the sales managers bag of samples. laugh.gif

It seemed like a nice city. Left for Vegas right after the meeting.

Any other ideas?
Howard
Have you been up the coast (101/1) in CA? If not, it's about the ultimate road trip. Lotsa club members to buy you a beer.
GWN7
No I haven't. Is this what is called the "coast Highway"? I've heard it's a nice drive.
FlatSix
I did the drive only last week.

Basically you start at Howard's, drive up the coast and finish up at Hooters! beer.gif

You can also get to visit Brad at HPH. I had a wonderful time.

I'm thinking of making it an annual trip (havn't told that bit to my wife yet).

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.