Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project 914 3.6 series
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
Dear fellow 914 enthusiast:
I am in the process of gathering information for a future 914-6 build in which I want to install a 3.6 993 motor. Excellence Magazine has been running a series of articles on a 3.6 914-6 conversion they are building. Unfortunately my wife (bless her heart) saw a stack of magazines and tossed them out without checking with me first to see why I had them stacked in my office. From this series, I need parts 1 through 6. I have parts 7 through 10 still. If someone still has these and would be willing to scan the 6 articles in question, I would appreciate it greatly. They can be sent to cairo94507@yahoo.com. Or if you wish to just fax them, please e-mail me and I will provide my fax.
Thank you all for your help.
Michael (Cairo94507)

rick 918-S
Contact Pete Stout. Pete is an editor for Excellence. He frequents this site and has a cool 914 project. He could probably get you copies of what you want or back issues as a last resort. We like to give Pete a chance to give permission before scanning his stuff and posting it or sending it. He's usually fine with it, Specially in a situation like yours. (Wimin! confused24.gif ) happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 15 2009, 09:05 AM) *

in which I want to install a 3.6 993 motor

You'll like it! I know i like mine ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Cairo94507
Thanks for the information; I will contact Pete and beg for copies. type.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 15 2009, 08:46 PM) *

Sir Andy and McMark built one...its Andy's car.
Ask them also for advice and gotchas

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 15 2009, 05:46 PM) *

Hey Michael,
i just noticed you're nearby. I'm in Oakland.

If you want, i can swing by one of these days and you can poke around my car to get some pointers for your conversion.

There's a link to my built thread in my signature. It's kinda long, but i'm sure you can pick out some good tips ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Rand
Michael, take Andy up on his offer!!! He is a guru and has a killer build. Getting with him and his car is worth your while!
Cairo94507
I will definitely take Andy up on his offer and see if I can meet him and check out his car. If I am really lucky, maybe go for a spin around the block. I looked at the build thread and it makes me crazy that I don't have a six chassis already. The last Porsche I owned was a '97 993 and the engine was just terrific- smooth and no problems. The last 914-6 I owned had a 3.0 CIS set-up and was a terrific car.

I also sent off for the missing articles from Excellence, at $10 per issue it was fine.
I am compiling information so that when the build actually begins I will hopefully have thought of all of the things I want for the car.

PRS914-6
If you are ever in the Sacramento area let me know and you can see the car in person. If the weather is nice you get a joy ride.....
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jan 16 2009, 09:38 AM) *

If you are ever in the Sacramento area let me know and you can see the car in person. If the weather is nice you get a joy ride.....

Now THAT'S a nice gesture.

I like to try to get replacement issues out from time to time, but must say replacing $60 worth of magazines puts me in a pickle.

Very sorry you had to buck up, but thank you for doing so. If you're ever in the area, please let me know and we can grab lunch and talk 914s. THANK YOU for reading!!! smile.gif

Best,

pete
Cairo94507
Paul thanks for the very generous offer, I will definitely try to do that. I do end up in Sacramento every once in a while for work related things. That is the first time I have seen the pictures of the finished car. All I can say is WOW, that is rolling art. I look forward to seeing it in person even if the weather does not permit a ride. Thank you.

Pete- No problem what so ever. I have been an Excellence magazine subscriber forever and when ever a magazine comes I feel like it is Christmas all over. The 914-6 I have in my head, has been there for many years. I finally decided that I have to do it. That is why I am gathering information; I want to make sure that from day one, the car is spec'd with all of the things I like. I also want it to be a comfortable, totally dependable driver so my wife can drive it if she wants. She loved our last 914-6 and was crying when it left.

I had an '01 Acura NSX for 4 years (sold in July '07) and though she loved driving it, getting in and out of it was a bit of a problem because it was pretty low and the side bolsters on the seats are pronounced. I always kind of thought of the NSX as a distant cousin of the 914-6, being mid-engined and so well balanced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.