Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel wheels (sprint-stars)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I was looking into ricer wheels, but I haven't seen anything that gives 'me' wood.
For the "installed" price ($1800 canadian, guesstamate W/rubber) I may as well do a 5-bolt up-grade. But I want to do a big four first.

I have these real nice looking Empi sprint-stars on my teen and I need new rubber. They are 5 1/2" and I'd like to get 205's, but want them it look right. They stick out about 3/8" more than a fuch's and have no issues with the 185's that came on the 914.

So can I cut them on a lathe and weld in an inch?

Is there anyone that has does this? how much?

Is it worth it or should I jut get 195's for now?

BTW this isn't one that's on the teen, I have 10 of them.
914ghost
Nope.
You (or pay someone to do it) can cut the centers out though, and have any size rim welded on, with pretty much any offset you want. I've done it with wide 5 sprintstars, works pretty good, it would end up costing almost more than those wheels are worth to get a set done though. If BUT if you pick a good rim size and offset maybe they'll be worth more. ..?
I think it was like $100/wheel.
All kindsa places do it.
Bob O
Mike T
If you live where dirt oval stock car racing is popular there may be a local shop that repairs bent wheels for those guys. I had a set of four 5.5"x15" 914 steel wheels widened 2" and 3" for $100.00.

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.