Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cold Start Valve Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
The winter in Oakland is nice and warm and my CSV is leaky. So I am thinking about removing it from the plenum.

After the removal I have to seal the hole. Who sells a block off plate????? If no one sells it, what kind of material would you recommend to fabricate for it??? If you have the picture, show me.

And also, what size of bolt should be used at the fuel rail test port? And is a gasket necessary there??

Thanks in advance!

sportlicherFahrer
are you thinking the gasket is leaking vac, or the tip is leaking fuel?

you can disconnect it and leave it in the plenum with no issues if the gasket is ok. then you just have to plug the fuel rail. If you have any other FI misc parts laying around, you could always swap out your fuel rail for one that already has a plug in it.

Other than that, weld/glue some kind of small plate over the hole and plug the fuel supply if it is coming out completely
aircooledtechguy
If it's dribbling fuel, you can just remove the hoses from the CSV and use a 2" section of metal tube to connect the hoses back together (L-jet) or plug the hose with a bolt shank with no threads (D-jet). Un-plug the electrical plug to disengage the solenoid and the whole CSV becomes just a plug in the manifold.

If you want to completely remove it, just use the gasket as a template for your plug and use a small amount of RTV to seal it up. I use aluminum that is at least .100" thick so it doesn't deform when you snug down the screws.
kkid
Hey Jim and Nate,

Thanks for the great advise!

I will work on it this weekend.

bye1.gif
r_towle
make a plate from 1/8 inch aluminum

Rich
kkid
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 16 2009, 02:02 PM) *

make a plate from 1/8 inch aluminum

Rich

Thanks Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.