Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you believe this ! NARP syndrome once again !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
A few weeks ago someone posted a link to this nice video on youtube ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4XeMBdirg

This video contains nice shots of the 914 GT ... The best shots of a 914 I had ever seen. So I badly needed this film. I found out this movie is available on a promotion DVD "road to Cayenne" that was made for the Cayenne promotion.
I found a guy who sells this DVD on ebay. I purchased one and couldn't wait to watch it ... And this is what I got on the DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvHpA5elYHg

Did I miss something ?

carr914
You got screwed mad.gif

T.C.
blitZ
Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "We don't get no respect".
johannes
The story goes on.

I asked the guy who posted the first video (with the 914 shots) where he got the picture from. And can you believe it, this guy is actually Jeff Zwart himself. The movie he posted on Youtube is the original editing of his movie. Later a victim of the NARP syndrome at Porsche marketing division decided to change the movie and to remove the 914 part. So there has never been any 914 GT shots on the Cayenne promo DVD...

stromberg.gif

KMA.gif
Drums66
Write a letter explaining your Grievances.....ask for a refund!

if that don't work.............. hanged.gif
biosurfer1
Drums...how is any of this the seller's fault? He was selling the Cayenne promo video and thats what he delivered
gopack
That is un-Fuch-ing believable! I was so excited to see so much 914 content! The wienies at Porsche just cant accept that they ever sold out little orphan!
johannes
Part of the message I received from the Youtube member

...I too was very disappointed when Porsche decided to drop the 914-6 from the film. My 914-6 is my favorite car. That car is the first car I bought with my own money and I have had it since 1973. We built it up using all original FIA parts to compete in the Panama Alaska Rally. It is a great car and it still is one of the most fun cars I have ever raced. I do not have a DVD with it available because it was never produced by Porsche. I posted that version because I figured nobody would ever see the 914-6 otherwise. Glad you enjoyed it and I will try to post some more video of the 914-6 in action, when I find it.

Jeff Zwart

I will keep the DVD anyway ... maybe I will own a 356 one day av-943.gif
carr914
Jeff is a good guy, did he offer to take it back?

T.C.
r_towle
Do a google on how to download flash videos from youtube.
Just download it and burn it onto a CD.

Rich
johannes
I think I didn't explain well. Jeff is not the guy who sold me the DVD on ebay. He is the guy who posted the video on youtube. I thought it was this very movie that was on the "road to cayenne promo DVD". I learned today what happened to the movie before it was put on the DVD and sent to the dealers in 2005.
johannes
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 16 2009, 01:44 PM) *

Rich

Have done for a long time ... but the youtube image quality is just stromberg.gif icon8.gif barf.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 16 2009, 04:54 PM) *

Rich

Have done for a long time ... but the youtube image quality is just stromberg.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

Ask the author for a copy...sounds like he would send you one.

Rich
Drums66
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 16 2009, 01:54 PM) *

Rich

Misunderstood, That was another idea.gif thought I had
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.