Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing LE - Creamsicle found?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I've been following an eBay auction and I believe I've found another LE - Creamsicle, VIN 4742915716. I've contacted the current owner and he's selling it after he received it in a foreclosure. He doesn't have any history on the car, but is just trying to get it out of his shop. Unfortunately for me I can't purchase the car (too many cars now). I've sent the owner a e-mail with my contact information and was informed that he will forward this onto the new owner....

Anyway, here's the link, let me know if you agree.... idea.gif BTW, he doesn't know the engine types, he has it listed as a 1.8. Also, notice the front air dam and some small red/orange showing through the black on the driver's interior shot...

Jeff, this is the car I was referring to in our e-mail earlier this week, sorry for the wait... bye1.gif

-- Rob
SirAndy
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 16 2009, 09:02 AM) *

some small red/orange showing through the black on the driver's interior shot...

Yupp, sure looks orange to me ...
idea.gif Andy
stepuptotheMike
hmm... this is a hop-skip and a jump up the road me.

kind of perplexed with the 1.8 badge on the back end. Pictures aren't that good. Are those headlight mechanism covers black or grey?

Mike
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 16 2009, 09:02 AM) *

BTW, he doesn't know the engine types, he has it listed as a 1.8. Also, notice the front air dam and some small red/orange showing through the black on the driver's interior shot...

Well, it does have a 1.8 badge on it...

Pros - Original white car with what appears to be a touch of orange, 1974 model year, no sail vinyl, black sail trim ?, airdam.

Cons - 1.8 badge (and engine ?), aftermarket wheels, no fog lights ?, black headlight relay covers.

Anything is possible here, but I'm going to go with "no"... the airdam would be seen as an upgrade, while the 1.8 badge, aftermarket wheels and fog light delete would be downgrades, and I can't imagine anyone doing that.

The apparent black sail trim is an enigma, though... I can't imagine anyone making that change. Perhaps someone at some point made it an LE clone?
Richard Casto
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Jan 16 2009, 01:02 PM) *

kind of perplexed with the 1.8 badge on the back end. Pictures aren't that good. Are those headlight mechanism covers black or grey?

Mike

It's pretty close for me as well, but my wife would shoot me if I bought another car right now.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Jan 16 2009, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Jan 16 2009, 01:02 PM) *

Mike

It's pretty close for me as well, but my wife would shoot me if I bought another car right now.

Yep, your wife must know mine.... smile.gif

-- Rob
JeffBowlsby
I would proceed cautiously.

VIN - check
Orange paint - check
Grey headlight relay covers - check
AFTERMARKET front spoiler - check
WRONG wheels - check
1.8L engine/tailbadge - check
Targa vinyl? Cannot tell if it has it, had it, or if the pass side was just paint srtipped and rusted.

It may be the real deal, we do not have enough info to tell yet. Need COA obviously. I do have records of a small number of white/ or black non-LE cars within the LE VIN range, so this car may not be an LE.

There is one factory 1.8L Bumblebee 914 Can Am in Europe, but the USA cars should all have 2.0Ls. If this car is legit, it would be an exceptional find. I would liek to know more about it for sure. I do know of a couple LE owners in NC, I will alert them to it and maybe they will check it out.
Cevan
Do the 1.8 and 2.0 badges use the same holes? If not, I find it hard to believe someone would drill new holes for a 1.8 badge.
cwpeden
I see in the pic from the driver side some orange paper in the pass. footwell. But where is the other paint....

Nevermind I see the rocker where it has rubbed off
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 16 2009, 03:16 PM) *

VIN - check
Orange paint - check
WRONG wheels - check
Targa vinyl? Cannot tell if it has it, had it, or if the pass side was just paint srtipped and rusted.

It may be the real deal, we do not have enough info to tell yet. Need COA obviously. I do have records of a small number of white/ or black non-LE cars within the LE VIN range, so this car may not be an LE.

There is one factory 1.8L Bumblebee 914 Can Am in Europe, but the USA cars should all have 2.0Ls. If this car is legit, it would be an exceptional find. I would liek to know more about it for sure. I do know of a couple LE owners in NC, I will alert them to it and maybe they will check it out.

Jeff,
so 4742915716 is NOT known to be an LE?
Pat
southernmost914
Pin holes for the rear badge are the same. Sure looks like it had sail panel vinyle. No fogs.
Steve
JeffBowlsby
Roger that.

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 16 2009, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 16 2009, 03:16 PM) *

VIN - check
Orange paint - check
WRONG wheels - check

Jeff,
so 4742915716 is NOT known to be an LE?
Pat

Cap'n Krusty
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.