Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Pedal Return Spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdogg
I am in the process of rebuilding my pedal cluster and found the return spring for the clutch pedal was broken. Does anyone know of an inexpensive source to replace this spring or does someone have a spare lying around?? These things are ridiculously overpriced new..... ohmy.gif
Brad Roberts
Buy a new one. The old ones will break right after you get it all back together. They all rust.

What was the price on a new one.. maybe I can get the price down a little.

B
ppickerell
I have been making springs in the Bay area for 30 years. Send me the broken one and I might be able to replace for free.
waterboy
I bought one from Pelican for about $23
jdogg
Thanks for the replies, and Patrick thanks for the offer to make one, time is not on my side or I would take you up on that!!! Again the generosity of the great people on this board shows itself clap56.gif !! I'm not afraid to throw $$ at this car with my new Tarett hardware mueba.gif , just trying to save it where I can. Guess I'll just step up and order the new one. BTW 21 clams is what I was quoted today, just seems like a lot of dough for a few inches of twisted up wire..
Dave_Darling
It's not a return spring. It will actually pull the pedal to the floorboard if the cable breaks. It is likely there to keep some tension on the cable to keep it from falling off the pulley.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.