Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these workshop manuals worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
Looking at these Porsche workshop manuals, what is their worth?

Click to view attachment
jasons
I've never seen them bound like that. Makes me think they are copies, but I don't know? I've only seen the ones bound in the maroon covers. I actually have a set.

No affiliation to these, but I saw them on my local CL. And since you are shopping here is a link. I think the price is about fair for this full set. Maybe a little high, but the information is invaluable.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/992941446.html
ConeDodger
Those are photocopies that have been bound. Originals are in maroon three ring binders as previously stated.

They are worth as much as you can find someone to buy them for.

I have the manuals on CD and I give them away for the cost of the disk, package, postage... which comes out to about $20... For someone to go to Kinkos and take that disc and do what you have there would cost just north of $200.00 My guess is you could sell them for about $70 + shipping.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jasons @ Jan 17 2009, 10:38 AM) *

I've never seen them bound like that. Makes me think they are copies, but I don't know? I've only seen the ones bound in the maroon covers. I actually have a set.

No affiliation to these, but I saw them on my local CL. And since you are shopping here is a link. I think the price is about fair for this full set. Maybe a little high, but the information is invaluable.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/992941446.html

These Craigslist manuals are original. If they were new they would be about $700.00 if you could still buy them.
type47
sorry, but i don't think even factory manuals are worth much (i would say <$100) because parts manuals and factory manuals are available for free on the internet.
jasons
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 17 2009, 06:55 PM) *

sorry, but i don't think even factory manuals are worth much (i would say <$100) because parts manuals and factory manuals are available for free on the internet.

Yeah but if you found a set at a garage sale for $10, you could sell them on ebay for around $300. Not sure what that means, but I know its true.

I understand your point. I agree, the contained info can be found elsewhere for free or cheap. But, the fact is they do have a value as a collectors item since they are NLA.

Dave_Darling
Only the originals would qualify as a "collectors item". Not photocopies.

I'd say the one in the original post would be worth somewhere around $75. They seemed to go for around $100 before the info became available on-line, so my guesstimate may be high.

--DD
boxstr
The Factory workshop manuals are bringing @$300-400.
CCLINMANUAL
cantdrive55
looking for a shop manual by bentley for '73 -914 . Anyone know of any available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.