Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition Coil Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I've seen coils mounted to the fan shroud using a bracket. Is this a OEM application and bracket or aftermarket? Where does one find said bracket. Any disadvantages to mounting it on the shroud?
Kev
kconway
Crap! Wrong forum. Sorry. Admins...a little help pleez.
cwpeden
I think a buddy of mie had his on the tin. After a few years of autocross and suspension upgrades the nuts in the tin ripped out.

He has his on the fan housing now without problems.

Mine have all had a small plastic screw in the fan shroud hole, I think its for the buses.
McMark
The garage is an appropriate place for this. wink.gif

AFAIK, the 1.8s all had the coil on the shroud. You just need to post a WTB or call one of the part yards (EASY is my favorite).
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 18 2009, 10:53 PM) *

The garage is an appropriate place for this. wink.gif

AFAIK, the 1.8s all had the coil on the shroud. You just need to post a WTB or call one of the part yards (EASY is my favorite).

Isn't it an early vs. late thing? confused24.gif The early having the shroud mount and the late using the tin? I have a set of tin with the coil mount ripped loose too... I went to the shroud mount but I believe mine was made by Spunone...
Katmanken
Well to add to the fun, the Bosch blue coil is smaller in outer diameter than the old stock black coil....

Use the fan mount and bracket, and you will find that the Bosch Blue is just too small and can't be held by the stock parts.......

Ken
Cap'n Krusty
The shroud mount was used on (GASP!) VW busses. Tin mount on 914s. I have a few brackets for anyone wanting the non-stock confriguration.

The Cap'n
craig downs
Hmm my original 1.8 came with the coil mounted on the shroud.
McMark
Yeah, the 1.8 I'm working on now has it as well. And in fact, the tin does not even have mount holes for a coil. That's new on me.
SirAndy
My 1.8L motor had the shroud mount as well ...

idea.gif Andy
So.Cal.914
My 1.7 was on the tin.
My 1.8 is on shroud.
No evidence of holes in tin either.

jkp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.