Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S: '71 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
9werks
I am selling my '71 914-6. The chassis number is 9141430429 and I am told it is one of the last 6's brought to the USA by the Porsche factory. There have been 3 prior owners to me and I have the original delivery books along with tons of service and repair receipts. The original engine (#6414163) and transmission were rebuilt approx. 20,000 miles ago. The motor starts right up and comes to an even idle and drives out extremely well for a stock 2.0L. I replaced all the shift bushings and adjusted the shift linkage. This trani goes thru the gears w/o any synchro or gear grinding. Koni adjustables, new brakes, and new 185/65/15 tires on 6x15 fake fuchs (light weight and made in Japan?). The interior is super nice: no crack dash, correct steering wheel, shift knob, original radio (not hooked up). The items that are normally thrashed on these cars are in great shape on mine: sunvisors, driver's door pocket, center arm rest, roll bar pads, ect. The car was extensively/completely restored in the early 90's and the PO replaced most every gasket and trim piece with new! The door panels are the wrong vinyl and I am missing a radio knob - that's really the only picks in here. According to Porsche COA department, the correct paint color should be Canary yellow. The PO painted this car an off white color instead of yellow when he had it completely apart. It is white inside, outside, and underneath. The exterior paint is more than presentable and still looks good and shines well. There is some clear top coat peeling around the passenger pop up headlight and some minor paint bubbling in a few areas due to improper paint prep. There is no rust on this car. I have pulled all gaskets and long covers, and looked everywhere. The rear trunk did have some patchwork done at some time in it's life. The front trunk and passenger floors looks to be original. I do not see any evidence of accident damage anywhere.

The sales price is $26,500.00 OBO. I would prefer some cash plus a nice, original, 914 w/ a fuel injected 2.0 as partial trade. I drive this car every day from my garage at home and store it in the garage at work. I would drive it anywhere, any time (as long as the weather is good)driving.gif.

Please contact me at: jpnorthwood@aol.com with any questions or offers.
9werks
more photos...

9werks
I had listed my car on Ebay and it has made it's reserve with the auction ending later tonight. Someone is buying a very nice car for, what I believe, a very good price. Thank you everyone for your interest.
Cairo94507
That is a very nice car; they are very lucky to get it.
TedK
Just curious, is the car staying in the US or going overseas? Ebay is not showing the identity of the winning bidder.
Lavanaut
8 months ago that car would've easily hit 28k. Man. Someone got a good deal!
Gustl
QUOTE(9werks @ Jan 22 2009, 03:38 AM) *

I had listed my car on Ebay and it has made it's reserve with the auction ending later tonight.

could you (or sb else) post the eBay auction number, please?

many thanks in advance,

bye1.gif Gustl
Lavanaut
Here ya go.
Gustl
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
9werks
The car is going to Europe. I could not believe it sold for so low a price either. I had people offer more, but no one stepped up to the plate. I went to bed before the auction ended and woke up the next morning a little shocked to see the bidding didn't move. While I do have a deposit, the car has not been paid for in full yet. We will see what happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.