Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hi All,
Just got around to starting the car after a top end rebuild. I replaced all of the electrics but it appears that 3 & 4 are not firing any suggestions would be appreciated. The only thing I did not replace was the condenser (rotor, cap, plugs, wires-magnecore)

If it is injector related what is the safest way to check?

Thank you,
Dan
jd74914
Is it Djet or Ljet?
solex
DJet, 2.0L currently in a 75. I have HAM heads, with new Mahle Euro Pistons and Cylinders.
ws91420
Check your connections on the injectors and connection at dsitributor trigger points. May be trigger points in dist. You can use noid light to check and see if current is getting to the injectors. Noid lights can be found at your local FLAPS.
r_towle
Could be the FI trigger points in the distributor.
Could be the wiring (may have put the wires on the wrong injectors)
Could be the ground for the injectors (under the plenum, top case bolt...white wires on a star spade mount)

To start with, flip the wiring, one injector for the other.

Obviously check your fuel routing and fuel pressure.
Check your spark by grounding out a plug.
Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 19 2009, 09:08 PM) *

Could be the FI trigger points in the distributor.

agree.gif
ClayPerrine
Check to make sure that you didn't switch the plug wires.

BTDT.. easy to do, and the way the firing order is on a Type-IV engine, you can cross 3 and 4 and it won't backfire, it just won't run on those two.
Dave_Darling
Not trigger points; those go in 1/4 2/3 pairs.

Check your spark; use an extra plug taped with the threads or outer electrodes against a ground--like the fan shroud. When the starter cranks, the plug should spark.

--DD
solex
Thanks, guys I will check the spark again and report back....
solex
It was the ground. I checked the spark and there was none. Since I had all the sheet metal powder coated the ground on the plenum was not actually grounded, I moved the wiring harness ground to the back of the case and the car started right up and is running....

All I have to say is wow it feels really good to drive the car again after over a year of engine rebuild and a new-born.

Although I have not posted in a while I really do appreciate this site and all that have helped..

Thank you,
Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.