Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After market 6 motor mount?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Does anyone recognize this engine mount? I have a horrible CLUNK if I accelerate hard in first & second, and let off. I have replaced Turbo CV joints, and Elephant racing rear trailing arm bushings, and its still there. This is the only thing I can think of. Any leads where I can find rubber mounts??
PeeGreen 914
It's called a quick six bar. I actually felt the same thing when I had mine. I went to the bulkhead mount and never felt or heard any clunk after.
Please post more pictures of your car. I have looked all over to find more but have only found a few. Your car looks cool biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Replace the rubber mounts with the 2.0 mounts, yes it will be solid mounted but I doubt if you will notice, your car is pretty track like. I saw it at Ralph's.
GeorgeRud
I seem to remember that 911 engine mounts will fit, and be more appropriate for the weight of the 911 engine. Might get rid of the clunk, which I assume is the engine torque twisting the front mount against its rubber bumpers.

I replaced my quick-six bar with a Rich Johnson mount, and it is nicer. Also, if you want to install heat exchangers, the Johnson mount will allow this.
retrotech
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 20 2009, 06:06 PM) *

It's called a quick six bar. I actually felt the same thing when I had mine. I went to the bulkhead mount and never felt or heard any clunk after.
Please post more pictures of your car. I have looked all over to find more but have only found a few. Your car looks cool biggrin.gif

Here you go, thanks for asking
PeeGreen 914
I've already seen those. Maybe I need to come down and do a shoot of your car biggrin.gif

Very nice looking car. beerchug.gif

What all have you done to it?
McMark
Check out this old thread on how one of those mounts broke.
retrotech
So what is the preferred, best recommended motor mounts for a 6 conversion?
McMark
Rich Johnson mount, but really, anything that welds to the firewall, like the original setup does.
carr914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 21 2009, 12:17 AM) *

Check out this old thread on how one of those mounts broke.

Retro's bar doesn't look like a Patrick bar, as his is square vs round for the Patrick.

as far as what you should use - definately the Rich Johnson mount. Rich is a great guy and has been supporting the 914 community for years.

T.C.
J P Stein
I agree. The RJ mount is the way to go.
If you're over in the Vancouver area you can stop by and see my set-up.
degreeoff
Damn man...aside from my car (which I like the most ) yours is a close second!

Josh

BTW I would try the 911 solid mount first though as I am sure you have beat on that bar pretty good and it hasnt broken yet. BUT then again there is nothing like the look of a CLEAN underbody w/o that crossbar! To do it right you should also get rid of the type 4 mount brackets (PITA!!! )

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.