Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tubing roller?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Its a harbor freight deal here's the pic....will it work on .065" SS?

Click to view attachment
McMark
Looks cool! I'd, too, would love to hear if anyone has used one.
degreeoff
Well I'm goina get it today and try it on some tubing for my home made dog scooter (3 siberian huskies) I will let you know! Looks like it should work???

Josh
IronHillRestorations
I doubt if it would work on stainless. I good friend has a stainless fabrication business (food service), and we bent a piece of fairly thin wall SS tubing on my hydraulic bender, and it wasn't easy to bend. We also didn't get the results we wanted (no wrinkles).
degreeoff
Well I will find out today....it should as you will be rolling not just pressing...thats my guess + I will be doing 1 " which is not that stout
r_towle
If it wrinkles you may want to try filling the tube with wet sand...packed down tight with an air chisel...pack it really tight...then bend it.

We have had good results doing that for small tubing that we used for a robot once...the sand stopped the kinking...but unless you pack it super tight its a waste of time.

Rich
Brett W
I have bent 1inx.035 stainless with a conduit bender. It crushed the shit out of it, but it bent it with little effort. I would fill it with sand next time and it should be perfectly.
Wilhelm
Heres the linky: tube roller
sww914
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jan 21 2009, 06:24 AM) *

Well I'm goina get it today and try it on some tubing for my home made dog scooter (3 siberian huskies) I will let you know! Looks like it should work???

Josh

How will you get 3 dogs to stay on the scooter?
smile.gif
degreeoff
You are breakin my heart! I'll make sure to get some on trail footage.
degreeoff
Well follow this link to see how it did with .049" x 1" tubing (like butter)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=92003

Josh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.