Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anbody happen to know the OD of a rear Koni Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Looking for the outside diameter measurement for the early Koni reds (rear)????
Sorry, don't have a mic/calipers
Solo914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 20 2009, 08:15 PM) *

Alright Alright... lemme head out to the car and crawl under. I measured these a month or two ago and I want to say that they are 2.09-2.11", Basically, they are too big for standard coilover conversion kits(which is why I measured them).

Kyle

Sit tight, I will remeasure to make sure.

Solo914
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Alright Alright... lemme head out to the car and crawl under. I measured these a month or two ago and I want to say that they are 2.09-2.11", Basically, they are too big for standard coilover conversion kits(which is why I measured them).

Kyle

So, they are 2.15"-2.2" or so. Most coil over kits are 2"-2.08" ID which is why I was measuring mine in the first place. What's your plan?

Kyle
computers4kids
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Kyle

So, they are 2.15"-2.2" or so. Most coil over kits are 2"-2.08" ID which is why I was measuring mine in the first place. What's your plan?

Kyle

pray.gif pray.gif Thank you Kyle! Yes...you're right on the money. I would like to install a coil over kit with adjustable perches. Paragon has a kit for $240 which would include a pair of 200# springs that would slide over the Konis...I believe he said thier coil overs are 54mm in diameter. Campbells is suppose have the stuff I would need pretty cheap. I would really like to finda way to use my brand new 200# springs from Renegade. Most people use Bilsteins, I have yet to find anyone that has done this with Konis.
computers4kids
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 20 2009, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Kyle

Kyle

pray.gif pray.gif Thank you Kyle! Yes...you're right on the money. I would like to install a coil over kit with adjustable perches. Paragon has a kit for $240 which would include a pair of 200# springs that would slide over the Konis...I believe he said thier coil overs are 54mm in diameter. Campbells is suppose have the stuff I would need pretty cheap. I would really like to finda way to use my brand new 200# springs from Renegade. Most people use Bilsteins, I have yet to find anyone that has done this with Konis.

Just found this on another thread:
Call Jason at Paragon - He should know about your shocks...
I have some older rear Konis that the outside diameter of the shock is 55mm -
The newer rear shocks are 50mm -
The sleeves for the the newer shocks will not fit the 55mm OD shocks, but the sleeve made for older shock probably will fit the newer shocks - (being too big)
I don't know the age of your shocks, but it looks like this is what happend to you -

Just my .02 -

Thom

If I understand this correctly, the kit Paragon sells will only work on the newer Konis? I spoke to Jason and told him I had the early ones and he was pretty sure they would fit....but I'm questioning that statement the more I read.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.