Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: International auto shipping company to Europe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Has anyone got any recommendations on a good shipping company with costs for shipping to Europe? Actual experience would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have a contact guy at the particular company.

Got a idea, too soon to say what it is, just investigating options now.

Thanks Don
ConeDodger
When I sold the Bumblebee the buyer used a company out of New Jersey. He used Horseless Carraige to pick up the car from my house and truck it accross country to New Jersey and then on to the ship.
The car must run. They will not attempt to start it more than just a quick effort.
The buyers name was Tron Vidar Olson. I believe he is a member here so maybe later I can do a search and find the name of the company he used.
r_towle
I have shipped a few cars over to Europe that we sold.
The buyer has been in charge of the shipping arrangements.
My advice is to get a turn key, high end shipping company like Interstate or one of the other collector car companies...

They handle all the paperwork for you. They need a copy of the title and registration and they handle if from there.
Its really hard to get a car into certain countries without local agents to walk you through all the paperwork.
I shipped my personal motorcycle to Germany and I thank god for the company...it took two months to get it through customs...
It was on its way back to the US...

Get an experienced company that has local employees or agents in the country you are shipping it to.

Rich
Gustl
when I was close to buy this green six from the USA, I asked George from AA for help and he told me the shipping company he uses every time when he sells a car to Europe
I didn't save the info - but I'm sure he would tell you

bye1.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.