Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will these repro fuchs fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
Will these fit under my fg flares?
Fuchs
cobra94563
Same offsets as originals, so they will fit if you have flares.

Awhile back, I asked one of the vendors if they could just send (4) 8 inch rims, instead of 7/8's, and he said no problem. Because with my 7's in front, I use a 1 inch spacer that would not be required if I had 8's in front. (I ended up buying them elsewhere.) Worth asking if you want to do that.
my928s4
How do those 8" rims fit out back? I thought you could go 9?

I like the same width all round though, easy to rotate.

Chris
carr914
You can go 9"s in the back, but finding tires is getting tough. 8" fit nicely especially if you find a "wider" 225

T.C.

8" & 9"s

Click to view attachment

7" & 8"s

Click to view attachment

kconway
TC-
Any spacers required when using 15x8's on all 4 corners on a flared car? What color blue is that?
Kev
carr914
I'm not quite sure of the color, it's darker than the original Ancona Blue (which it will go back to) and has A Lot of metal flake in it - kinda like a Glastron Bassboat

I've never used spacers with 8"s all around, though you could space the rears out to fill out the flares.

Here is one of my former cars with 15x8's in front & 16x8"s in the rear - no spacers

T.C.

Click to view attachment
turnaround89
I purchased the rims and now i will save for tires. Any suggestions on good tires? Looking for a summer/spring driver so all weather tires aren't needed, more of a high performance tire would be best. Once i get tires i will get them on the car for test fit and see how that goes. I won't leave them on the car for fear of ruining them while doing all the bodywork, grinding, welding, etc on the car. So the old rims will stay on the car for awhile until the car is "done" dry.gif if that ever happens

Carr914 - the color of your former car, do you know what color blue that is? Not the light blue on the headlight, but the front bumper and looks like the rest of the car body color? Thanks
carr914
The Color on my former car is a Porsche color (but not a 914) called Cobalt Blue. It was used on 968s and I believe is a current color for 997s.

This picture has 8"s & 10"s

T.C.

Click to view attachment

turnaround89
Thanks, there might be another cobalt blue914 running around in a little bit. Won't look like yours bc i have 916 stuff on mine, Great looking car by the way!!!!
carr914
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 22 2009, 03:35 PM) *

Any suggestions on good tires? Looking for a summer/spring driver so all weather tires aren't needed, more of a high performance tire would be best. Once i get tires i will get them on the car for test fit and see how that goes. I won't leave them on the car for fear of ruining them while doing all the bodywork

I like BFG G-Force Sports. Nice grip, good tread life, not expensive. And get a set of cheap cookie cutters or borrow a set while you are doing bodywork.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
turnaround89
Already got a cheap set of rims for the bodywork. There are adaptors on the car now, but 5 lug will be going on soon. Once the 5 lug goes on ill put the cheap rims on to finish the bodywork and after the car is painted the fuchs will go on!!

I looked at those tires, they seem like a good set to run. My buddy works at sears and he said he would personally mount and balance the tires. Thank God, bc i trust him and don't want someone to screw up a brand new set of rims. They may be repros, but i dropped a good amount of green to care a lot about them and to not have someone ruin them!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.