Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New movie coming out about the 24 hours at LeMans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
NFL films worked on this one it should be cool beerchug.gif

www.truthin24.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw6-dvtsa2g...player_embedded

Elliot Cannon
Two hours south of me. I'll have to go see this.
Cap'n Krusty
Technowusses! THIS is racing: http://www.canamfilm.com/trailer.html

Back when men were men, and Can Am cars were the fastest things on the track. That's right, the FASTEST. Faster, at the time, than F1 cars. The world's best drivers, "runnin' what they brung". Fat tires, huge engines, no weight, all the latest technology and innovation, these monsters provided a spectacle no one who was there will ever forget. Few tracks had armco or any other safety stuff, and the fierce racing often put big name drivers into the weeds. And the noise! The AIR SHOOK! And that was just when they were parked on the grid ................

Sam Posey and Jim Hall, 2 legendary Can Am drivers and innovaters, provide the narration.

Many of you are too young to remember the Can Am series, and you NEED to see this!

The Cap'n
scotty b
Cap'n this may be a reach due to my limited memory, BUT I saw a film a few years ago I really want to find on DVD. A freiend loaned it to me and he has since lost it. From what I remember it was a race in either Spain or France. Lots of 550's, 65 911's, 356,s Alfa GTV's Sprint specials etc. I THINK it was called "thunder on the mountain " or something similar ( pretty sure about the mountain part ) Awesome road race thhrough towns, people crossing the street right in front of the cars, selling goods by the roadside etc.

ANY idea what race it was ? Or where to look to find it ?
GeorgeRud
It was a great time to be an enthusiast, and they still sound great at the Elkhart Lake Vintage Races!

Looks like there's another DVD to add to the collection. Now, I wonder when we'll be able to see/purchase the Audi LeMans film?
championgt1
Looks pretty much all about Audi. Yes they are great.

Wait! Who did they race against? No one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.