Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Interest in a group buy: 914-6 Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers fro
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic
I just contacted IAN at Hayward and Scott last night, and got a qoute for one set. But I know that we may be able to save another $150 or so on a set if we have at least 3 orders. The quote he gave me last night was around $1700 USD before shipping. I'm looking to take advantage of the exchange rates at the moment...don't know if we'll see them this low again.

Anyone else interested?

http://www.haywardandscott.com/Details.asp...amp;category=16

There is another thread about 914-6 Heat Exchangers below where there was some discussion about a group buy:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...89401&st=20

number6
I'm interested, but I would like to first wait for Al's report on how well these work.

-duc
ericread
Does this include the difficult to find 914/6 4-cylinder units?

smile.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(number6 @ Jan 21 2009, 05:43 PM) *

I'm interested, but I would like to first wait for Al's report on how well these work.

-duc

This is exactly what I was thinking. I want to hear that they were great! Then I'll buy them.

So whats happening Al? Where's our report?
Dominic
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 21 2009, 07:27 PM) *

Does this include the difficult to find 914/6 4-cylinder units?

smile.gif

Sorry, we are specifically talking about 914-6 Heat Exchangers.
Good 4 cyl SSI heat exchangers are still out there, you just have to keep checking this site as well as ebay and you will find what you need.
Dominic
Anyone else.............or are you waiting on that tax return?
PanelBilly
I'm waiting on the final feedback from Al. I'm thinking they are exactly what I want for my car. So far it appears they bolt up to the engine fine, but I haven't heard if there was any other problems.
Johny Blackstain
smoke.gif

Ya know, it's been kind of cold here too & I've been avoiding lying on the garage floor. I also still have to modify my bus flapper boxes to work in a 914.
hcdmueller
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 23 2009, 09:41 PM) *

smoke.gif

I also still have to modify my bus flapper boxes to work in a 914.

Wanna trade. I have a good set of 914 flapper boxes that I was going to modify for my bus.
r_towle
Not to try and hijack this thread...
What exactly are you doing with bus flapper boxes ?
Is this heat for headers????

Rich
Dominic
Bump before the Exchange rates start climbing again......
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 23 2009, 08:53 PM) *

Rich

Bus flappers work the same as 914 flappers & are configured slightly differently from each other. The control levers are welded @ a different angles & the 914 flappers' tube, towards body, is slightly angled. The hose can make up for the angle but the control levers have to be rewelded @ a different angle. Why so much effort? Genuine Dansk bus flappers are about $25.00 @ JC Whitney compared to the $95.00 for genuine 914 ones @ Pelican.
dgw
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 26 2009, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 23 2009, 08:53 PM) *

Rich

Bus flappers work the same as 914 flappers & are configured slightly differently from each other. The control levers are welded @ a different angles & the 914 flappers' tube, towards body, is slightly angled. The hose can make up for the angle but the control levers have to be rewelded @ a different angle. Why so much effort? Genuine Dansk bus flappers are about $25.00 @ JC Whitney compared to the $95.00 for genuine 914 ones @ Pelican.

Not to mention the fact that I ordered two of the 914 ones from pelican and neither one of them worked.
seanery
I'm interested, but I would like to hear how well they work, and if they're big enough for a nice 3.2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.