Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimmyG
I have just committed to buying some wheels for the 914 for the flaring project that I am trying to get ready for the spring and found something I was'nt prepared for. I already had some 7's that Al did some time back and to my surprise the numbers did not match as closely as I had hoped. I was hoping that someone can through me a bone and let me know if this is going to work.
7 x 16 911.361.020
8 x 16 911.362.117
Is this going to be compadible together? Also want to use the biggest tire that falcon azeni ( if that is correct spelling? ) has to get the best grip. Going to use AA repo flares for this car.

Getting all the parts together now and will put up a post of the progress for you guy to see when I get started.It will be nice to finally finish this car!

Let me know what you think!
Jimmy
ConeDodger
I assume that by "work" you mean will they fit under the GT flares. Yes. In fact you will be needing some spacers to bring them out a tick or two.

The different part numbers for the 7 and 8 inch wheel is expected. They are after all different parts.
JimmyG
Yea.. Work.I was meaning that the offset being the same. I did'nt know I would need a spacer though.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(jjemg @ Jan 22 2009, 02:51 PM) *

Also want to use the biggest tire that falcon azeni ( if that is correct spelling? ) has to get the best grip. Going to use AA repo flares for this car.

Let me know what you think!
Jimmy

I think you'll need to go with a different tire. Falken only offers three 16" Azenis, so you won't be able to get a good stagger between the 7" and 8" wheels.
JimmyG
What do you think would be best to hold a coverted 6 to the ground Todd. I have a SC motor. need to use the biggest tire I can get for some DE track time but mostly for street use. Help is GOOOOD !
Jimmy
Eric_Shea
In fact you will be needing some spacers to bring them out a tick or two.

Maybe not. From the looks of the part number they have the 911 offset. I'd be willing to bet they fill out well. My 8x15's (911.???.???) have 225's and they only have about 1/4" to spare.

Also: numbers mean part numbers not offset (I believe). 361 is a front suspension part and 020 is just a part number. 362 is rear suspension and again, just a part number to follow. You will find all sorts of front and rear components that start with 911.361.XXX.XX or 911.362.XXX.XX. Not a huge part number guy but that's a basic sequence. I could be wrong about the offsets but, there's a chart out there that shows the offsets of those part numbers. Z has a JPG of it I think.
JimmyG
Wow Eric I was thinking I could use a bigger tire than that. Going to work to pay the bills. I will get back to this in the morning.
Thanks for the help guys
Jimmy
sixnotfour
I like 8x16 Fuchs better than the 9's due to the offset. 15x9 thats another story.
here is a visual chart
carr914
You will be hard pressed to find a tire the next sizeup from a 225 in a 15". I think I got the last set of 245's to go on my 15x9"s from Tire Rack.

And here is the Offset Chart.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
TC you owe me a beer
carr914
You beat me by that much ". Cheers beerchug.gif

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.