Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any body remember this CDI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Came with my 73 last summer. Was not hooked up, so I just removed it. I think it was installed when the car was pretty new. Just a little 70's history.
SLITS
I have one ... wanna buy it? biggrin.gif

Saw one at one of those expensive Porsche home garage sellers labeled "NOS 356 CDI". Don't know if it was the truth or not.
underthetire
Don't want the one I have! Don't think it could be NOS. It was built in Colorado! Don't think there is a colorado Germany !!!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 22 2009, 07:51 PM) *

I have one ... wanna buy it? biggrin.gif

of course you do father time.... drunk.gif biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
IIRC those were one of the first aftermarket CDI's that you could use to replace a toasted Bosch CDI.
sixnotfour
I had one too, mine had a switch, cd or standard
must have been a newer model av-943.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 22 2009, 07:55 PM) *

Don't want the one I have! Don't think it could be NOS. It was built in Colorado! Don't think there is a colorado Germany !!!

What does being manufactured in Colorado have to do with whether or not it's NOS?
I've got T-shirts that are NOS .............

The Cap'n
sixnotfour
slits is confused with NOS versus OEM, like was with M versus A
type47
biggrin.gif yea, i have one too (in the junk in the basement) and has the CD/no-CD switch. used it on the '71 super beetle. i wonder if it made any difference.
southernmost914
Yep! Had one just like it in the early 80's with a by-pass switch. Never notice a differance. Had simple wireing, Like across the coil or something. wacko.gif

Steve
anderssj
WOW!

I had forgotten about those things. I built one (from a kit) in 1972--and I was living in Colorado at the time biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.