Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Educating the kids
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
This Wed. after school I am taking Matt and Elizabeth for a little ride. We are flying over to Little Rock to do a little rocking to AC/DC aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif I didnt get tickets to the Dallas show and I am glad because the show over there is about 1/3 the cost for tickets. If I tried to get them for here it was running 300 to 400 for the seats like I spent 70 on over there. Matts all ready to go and Elizabeth is in for an eye opener. She thinks the Disney backed bands are cool headbang.gif I tell her anyone can do corieographed moves and lip sync just hold on and see a real rock show happy11.gif happy11.gif new_shocked.gif
ericread
av-943.gif

You're taking some kids that grew up on the Jonas Brothers to see AC/DC???

laugh.gif

If your daughter wants to go backstage after the concert to "meet the band", JUST SAY NO!!! ar15.gif
Scott S
I ws 7 or 8 and still listening to The Chipmunks, some random disney of the day - The Muppet Movie soundtrack! My very first album was Endless Summer by the Beach Boys. Other than that it, my folks would usually listen to Barry Manilow, Chicago and some limited Elton John.

I got invited to go to a "concert" with my neighbor pal, along with his dad. They simply had an extra ticket. My parents had no idea what the show was and simply forgot to ask. Heck, it was only 30 minutes away from home in those days.

It was Califonia Jam II - It absolutely changed my life. Next new album I bought was Ted Nugents Scream Dream...

Had my first drum set that year too.

You are a GOOOOOOOD daddy!

aktion035.gif
turnaround89
Thats what i call a good education!!!! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

There was some article out there saying these disney bands are going to be as big as led zepplin, AC/DC, and Aerosmith.

UMMMMMM..................no they won't. After what, like 30 years, people still rock to Thunderstruck, Stairway to Heaven, Walk this Way, Sweet Emotion.

After 30 years, no one will no who the jonas brothers are. They may be popular now, but won't compare to the REAL rock bands in 30 years or so. But we'll still be listening to Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, etc.

The Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montanna will never compare to the true classic rock bands.

This is the music i was raised on and still love listening to, my dad still has all his old vinyls from when he grew up, listening to those is awesome.
Scott S
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 23 2009, 02:08 PM) *

There was some article out there saying these disney bands are going to be as big as led zepplin, AC/DC, and Aerosmith.

UMMMMMM..................no they won't. After what, like 30 years, people still rock to Thunderstruck, Stairway to Heaven, Walk this Way, Sweet Emotion.

After 30 years, no one will no who the jonas brothers are. They may be popular now, but won't compare to the REAL rock bands in 30 years or so. But we'll still be listening to Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, etc.

Unfortunately they probably will. If you look at who is buying (downloading) music, I wouold not be suprised one bit if there sales seriously over shadow the clasic rock bands. As well, you should see the "cougars" that still shell out BIG for shows like Kieth "Partidge", Donny Osmaond - or ever those douche bags "NKOTB" sheeplove.gif

It is what it is.
Eric_Shea
UMMMMMM..................no they won't.

LOL... Patten Oswald.

Wang Dang Sweet Poontang... my first was Aerosmith Dream-on Tour. Monster Jam at the Pontiac Silver Dome. AC/DC is one of the best. Saw them at the Toldeo Speedway Jam for the Back in Black Tour and then Chicago at The Rosemont Horizon.

Gotta start getting Laura off Miley Cyrus. Hmmmmm... AC/DC, AC/DC idea.gif
dw914er
when I saw the who, there was a kid who went with his parents.... he looked bored...

i wanted to slap him ahaha

AC/DC rocks, I was way into them in middle school, even though that was like 8 years ago or whatever.
spare time toys
AC/DC rocks, I was way into them in middle school, even though that was like 8 years ago or whatever.
[/quote]

suddenly Im old howard.gif It was high school when I got into them way back in the mid 70s before Bon Scott had his mishap sad.gif
underthetire
Everyone just calm down now! My kids used to like the boy bands and all that crap. Now at 14 and 16 they come over and get G&R AC/DC and put it on their Ipods. They like the older rock along with some new rock. They will never admit they liked the boy bands now. poke.gif
mojorisen914
Who is this AC/DC thing you speak of?
spare time toys
You got to be kidding WTF.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 23 2009, 06:53 PM) *

Everyone just calm down now! My kids used to like the boy bands and all that crap. Now at 14 and 16 they come over and get G&R AC/DC and put it on their Ipods. They like the older rock along with some new rock. They will never admit they liked the boy bands now. poke.gif

guns and roses? I actually got old of them pretty fast.... they had one decent album that still seems kinda overplayed.

AC/DC is always good. High voltage is one of my favorite albums from them. The only drawback of them, the basslines suck, and so do the drumparts. confused24.gif
effutuo101
LOL! this cracks me up.

I fondly remember my fist show.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jan 24 2009, 12:34 AM) *

You got to be kidding WTF.gif

Yes, I was kidding. Even the poor Iraqi kid that was working on base I saw the other day apprently knows who they are. He was wearing a Back in Black ball cap. I thought it was cool to see that. I wished now I had taken a picture of him with his hat. If I see him again; I'll be sure to get a pic of him.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(dw914er @ Jan 23 2009, 10:02 PM) *

guns and roses? I actually got old of them pretty fast.... they had one decent album that still seems kinda overplayed.

Dude. G'n'R made one of the all-time great rock and roll albums with Appetite for Destruction, and it WILL, mark my words, go down in history as such. Lies was a great album too, but not the instant classic that Appetite was.

AC/DC show sounds fuuun, never had the opportunity to see those guys but would love to. I've heard the shows are just HUGE rock goodness. Have fun...and for the kids' sake, don't forget the ear plugs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.