Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classifieds Spam Filter Settings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tim
Teeners,

I submit that the spam filter in the classifieds section needs a bit of a tune up. I just received this message in response to an ad I'm trying to post:

"You appear to be spamming this service in violation of the agreement.

The SPAM is as follows:

"I have a ducktail trunklid on my car that I would like to trade for a clean and smooth trunklid without a spoiler. The lid is in good shape, and white. I'd like a white or yellow trunk lid but color is less important than condition. I can provide some pix taken 1-7-03, off-list. I'm also looking to buy a rear valence. Steel or FG, without a cutout, as my exhaust is non-standard. "

Therefore your ad was REJECTED.

Please Die a Slow and Painful Death!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Return to Back to Porsche 914 Club. "

In the event that you actually do think that this is spam, I respectfully suggest that your guidelines regarding posting indicate that unpublished and erroneous criteria must be part of the complex evaluation process that you use to determine the validity of the content allowed in your classified advertisements.

If you can explain why this is spam, please do so in your posting page so others can benefit from it.

Have a nice day, then "Return to Back to Porsche 914 Club. "

By the way, if anyone's interested in what I was trying to advertise, please do not hesitate to contact me off-list.

Cheers, (not spam)

Tim.
tedwards@lewitz.com
Jeroen
Tim,

Yup, there are some "issues" with the classifieds...
Hang in there, we're working on a new "classifieds" section

:cursor:
Cheers,

Jeroen

PS, no, we don't hope you die a slow and painfull death...
Brad Roberts
Can I say FUCK YOU ??

Tim,

The classifieds used to get spammed 4-6 times every day with bullshit like "Dog training" "Work from home" blah blah.. can you help explain to me how you would personally lock this FREE service down so only Porsche related ads where viewable ??? Had you taken the time to read a couple of posts regarding this issue... you would have found out... that I personally will post any ad for you..if you cant get your ad to go. We have a long list of keywords that the SPAM filter looks for.. all it takes is ONE word to reject your ad.

The tone of your post set me off. Big time.

Just to show that I'm not a total DICK. I'm going to post your ad. Next time.. cut us some slack.. and add a few ha ha's to your post.

B
Gint
I was wating for that. Takes a bit of brass to complain like that about a *free* service. And to not spend a few minutes researching the issue first? Oh well. ar15.gif
Steve Thacker
Tim pissed up a rope on that one....the slide back down was impressive.
Brad Roberts
I'm sorry. It is taking a free team of 5 people to help maintain this right now while we get all the pieces in place. I cant focus on the cookies... the classifieds..blah blah when I'm dealing with the SPAM crap. We dont want money... just some patience with all of this.

Jeroen,

The email from the BBS is now getting to me.. so... please put a fat link on the classifieds for ADMIN@914world.com. This way people can email us and I can go off in private.

B
GWN7
I loved the anti spam responce. Laughed my behind off (hey I can say ass on this board). I thought it was well thought out and funny.

Too bad about the ads tho.....I was really looking forward to working for some guy in Pakistan, stuffing envelopes, typing letters or walking his dog....all from my home. Thought I'd use all the money I make from those jobs to buy Mullers 6 beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
See... somebody who laughed when they got the spam response. I have over 30 emails now from people who tried to post and got the message. This is the first person who didnt laugh. I had to soften it up a little. Olavs first spam message said "FUCK OFF AND DIE"..I thought that might be a little harsh and changed it to "Please Die a Slow Death"

Cant win them all.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.