Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some help just did a tune up but rpm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jc914
I just changed the plugs, coil, distributor rotor and cap. I also replaced the pertronix ignitor that i Fried with a new one. The car started right up but the RPMS will not go higher that 4.5 and when you drive it has no power I have no idea whats going on.... car idle's at about 400 it used to idle at 1k
I first guess is timming

thank jc sad.gif
Borderline
QUOTE(jc914 @ Jan 24 2009, 09:15 AM) *

I first guess is timming

thank jc sad.gif

me too! Are you running carbs or FI?
jc914
I am running FI
yeahmag
did you check the timing after you replaced the Petronix?
jc914
No I did not check the timing I bought a timing light yesterday. So I went to do the timing and my fuel pump decides not to work again pissoff.gif confused24.gif . Once i get it working I will be re timing. I hope this is what the problem his.

The problem for my fuel pump is that the Fuse does not engage in the rear fuse panel... And yes i have changed it to a working fuse any suggestions
thanks
JC
type47
since you've gone back to points, don't forget to set the dwell first, then set the timing.
Dr. Roger
the pertronix are picky when it comes to the pickup/trigger gap.

how long did your last petronix last? ( i ask because you must use a working ballast power source with these pickups)

also, are your vacuum lines connected?

lastly, did you futz with the advance plate or advance curve weights while you were in the distributor?

i only ask these questions because i've made all of these mistakes in my illustrious experience.... LOL ;-)
SLITS
You've described the symptoms of retarded timing.
r_towle
Challenged timing is the PC term.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.