Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help identifing part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tag
I took some pictures of some problems areas I would like you guy's to help me with.
This is some type of sensor, it was just laying around on the tin. None of my two temperature gauges work either.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This last picture is of a injector (drivers side front), this injector seems loose and is easy to move around but it still works and no fuel is leaking anywhere. Should I be concerned?
Click to view attachment

Last question; is there lay-out or schematic of electrical systems and vacuum lines somewhere that I could view on this web site or other location. Thanks again
zonedoubt
The first item is the thermo-switch for the cold start valve.

Check the Haynes manual for electrical schematic.

Hose layouts are here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...el_diagrams.htm
tag
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jan 25 2009, 07:45 AM) *

Hose layouts are here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...el_diagrams.htm

I ordered the Haynes manual it just hasn't arrived yet.
Do you know why my fuel injector would be loose? See last picture
Thank you again
zonedoubt
I can't tell from the photo, is the injector connected to the fuel rail? Are there injectors in all four intake pipes?
type47
you should also check your injector (s) that is loose for the 2 rubber rings (not exactly O-rings, but rather mounting rings) that fit the injector to the intake runner. there is one rubber ring at the tip of the injector and another in the middle of the body. perhaps one is broken or missing causing the movement.
tag
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jan 25 2009, 08:05 AM) *

I can't tell from the photo, is the injector connected to the fuel rail? Are there injectors in all four intake pipes?

Yes the injector is connected to the fuel rail. All of the injectors work fine it's just this one that moves quite a bit more than the others.
tag
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 25 2009, 08:36 AM) *

you should also check your injector (s) that is loose for the 2 rubber rings (not exactly O-rings, but rather mounting rings) that fit the injector to the intake runner. there is one rubber ring at the tip of the injector and another in the middle of the body. perhaps one is broken or missing causing the movement.

Okay I think this is probably the issue. I don't know how to remove these or check the mounting rings. I do have a Haynes manual coming so I guess I'll wait for it to arrive before I remove anything. Thanks
tag
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jan 25 2009, 07:45 AM) *

So where does this Thermo switch mount? huh.gif
zonedoubt
I don't have a really good photo. But you can sort of see it here.

There is a metal bracket that it threads into.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.