Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo 914-4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Txgasser
Has anyone done a single Weber/Dell turbo blow thru system on a 1.8 or 2.0,914-4? idea.gif

Johnny!
tx-gasser@sbcglobal.net
Mark Henry
Just gotta say it!~ You can't turbo a teen! biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
That's over with.....it's been done, a member here used to make a kit in the late 70's -early 80's, with carb is very old school. Randy has/had one, don't know if he ever got it going.

Programmable EFI would be the much better way to do it, use the search function.
dkjens
My neighbor has a sandrail with an approximately 2.1 l type 1 engine with turbo and single suck through side-draft weber. He loves that engine, low end torque and high end power and all the time you don't have your foot in it, it's a docile low compression engine.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(dkjens @ Jan 25 2009, 02:14 PM) *

My neighbor has a sandrail with an approximately 2.1 l type 1 engine with turbo and single suck through side-draft weber. He loves that engine, low end torque and high end power and all the time you don't have your foot in it, it's a docile low compression engine.

Type 1 is easy to do...it doesn't have the head sealing issues of a T4.
r_towle
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 25 2009, 03:14 PM) *

I'll bite.
Why does a type 1 seal better than a type 4 head?

Rich
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 25 2009, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 25 2009, 03:14 PM) *

I'll bite.
Why does a type 1 seal better than a type 4 head?

Rich

Was wondering that myself.
Zach
Mark Henry
The jug holes are closer together as are the studs. The studs are also evenly spaced. They have way less head sealing issues.
Many T1 turbo's out there.

Just realized he said single blow thru, so my bad as it's draw through is the common carb set up. CB does make a dual carb blow thru for the T1, but I've never seen a T4.
Txgasser
Oh Well, Back to the drawing board! Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Don't give up so easily. There are a few turbo T4 motors out there. One of them is on this board, with a single carb setup.

From what I have read the 1.7 takes it the best of the different 914 engines.

Search around, you will find them. Do it, and document everything!

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.