Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daytona 24 Hours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Less than 10 minutes left.
rfuerst911sc
I hope David Donahue / Brumos take the win !
porschecb
Great race!!!!!!!!!!!
ericread
Porsche wins DP smilie_pokal.gif

Porsche wins GT smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
DP- Porsche! smilie_pokal.gif
GT- Porsche! smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharp
Brumos 1st and 3rd. Great race. The last hour had the first 4 car within 4 seconds.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 25 2009, 12:38 PM) *

Porsche wins DP smilie_pokal.gif

Porsche wins GT smilie_pokal.gif

biggrin.gif

And how long before a rule change to stop that ? dry.gif I'm guessing the France family isn't too happy right now. I hope I'm wrong. If you saw the after race interview with Juan Pablo he said it wasn't fair that the Porsche DP was faster??? Huh ?
blitZ
Fantastic drive by David Donohue. I was glad to see him slap down "Whine" Pablo.
carr914
Montoya was the Sorest loser I have seen in a long time. The Lexus got better fuel mileage, had won three years in a row, got beat by seconds and all he did was bitch. Rojas at least congratulated Brumos.

I hope my good friend Bob Snodgrass had a big smile up in heaven after that win.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
Bob and Peter are smiling.
smg914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 25 2009, 04:49 PM) *

Bob and Peter are smiling.

Mark too.
jt914-6
Let's not forget Al Holbert............a race car hero of mine..........
ArtechnikA
Don_o_hue
6freak
JPM is a BAD SPORTSMAN ..I do not like him at all.....PORSCHE KICKED ASS..been along time sence they won that race smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
maf914
As far as Grand-Am goes that was a great race. Way to go Brumos! Time for a new winner. I really thought Montoya might get by at the end.

I don't think Montoya was whining. He has always had a blase mater-of-fact attitude. He was just commenting that he didn't think the engine rules were fair. For the past few years the Porsche DP's have been down on power, but apparently this year they bumped up the depalacement to 3.99 liters and, since they can run unrestricted, they found the power they needed. Once over 4 liters engines run restrictors. Porsche may have found the advantage. I was wondering where the Brumos and Penske cars suddenly found the speed. Grand-Am does make engine adjustments. A little over a year ago they let Lexus (Toyota) increase their displacement to catch up to the Pontiacs and I think that is why Gannasi won the championship so easily last year. Now they say the Pontiacs are the least powerful.

We had a good trip to the race. The weather was fantastic in Daytona, warm, sunny and dry for a change from the last few 24 Hr races. Good way to start the new racing year!
6freak
I think the Porsche was faster on the straits because it didnt have so much down force dailed into the car.the Lexus would catch right up to it in the twistys..and David Donohue was fresh behind the wheel i think that had alot to do with it
ericread
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 26 2009, 01:28 PM) *

I think the Porsche was faster on the straits because it didnt have so much down force dailed into the car.the Lexus would catch right up to it in the twistys..and David Donohue was fresh behind the wheel i think that had alot to do with it

The announcers discussed the higher low-end torque of the Lexus, which is what made the bus-stop chicane so dangerous for the Porsche. There was no doubt the Porsche had the high-end advantage in the straights.

Eric Read
6freak
indeed they did ..right along with the fact that they had more down force then the Porsche ..hence forth and there for higher speed in the straits for the Porsche.Witch was obviously the right choice...JMO thats all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.