Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Cage / door bar / ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability

I really want to firm up the body of my 914, now I have the inner kit installed but really want to install something like a cage but really just want somthing to keep any sag from accuring.
I was thinking something that connects from the rear strut tower up to the front wheel wells. Maybe a hoop behind the seats and a cross bar there as well.
Show me yours
J P Stein
That looks to be a decent paint job at the moment...little primer don't hurt none.

Not a step to be taken lightly.

A recent thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...729&hl=cage
plymouth37
These are just to give you an idea of the cage I built to stiffen up my chassis, please disreguard the mangled remains of the 914 the cage is attached to...
Also if I were going for ultimate strength (not looks) I would take the bend out of the top door bar.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bam914
I added the bend door bar after I decided to gut the doors. I have to have the door bar break the plane of the door in order to gut it.

Click to view attachment

mein_tag
Bam, do you have any more pic's?
CliffBraun
Here's my very minimal cage, probably not worth much for safety, but I'm fairly certain it adds a bit of stiffness.
IPB Image
drive-ability
My car runs great, I want to add some real support to the body but don't want a complete roll cage. The examples give me some good ideas to make what I want.
Now that I have a full garage and no jerks screaming about noise I can get down to work.. welder.gif

BTW The law suit will have cost us a total of 100K.

But now I have peace of mind beer.gif
bam914
mein_tag here are more pictures.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.