Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 "Silber Series"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I have seen two references to these Silber Series 1976 cars on the list. I have looked all over the net and can't even find a reference to them. Does anyone have a picture or any type of info? At the proclaimed 100 cars built, that makes them second only to the 916 in rarity. I am super interested in seeing one.

Thanks -
Scott S in Co
davep
Not much is known other than they were near the end of production, had body color bumpers, L97A diamond silver paint, and loaded with options. Possibly only for European sale.

DaveP
AZ914
That 'Euro' pic has US-spec side marker lamps... unsure.gif
Rgreen914
Those huge, ugly bumpers are even uglier, if that's possible, in body color!
TonyAKAVW
It also doesn't look as though the chrome was blacked out as mentioned in another thread. Does not seem like an attractive styling package, though I think you could get awat with it on a pre-75 bumpered car.

Windows also don't seem to have much if a tint, though its hard to tell.

-Tony
DuckRyder
Did Euro cars get the big bumpers too? I always assumed they remained with the smaller bumpers?
JeffBowlsby
The '75 cars were in Europe with the big uglies...but the 76 cars were only imported to the USA.

FWIW I dont know anything about that white bumpered car...maybe SirSchmidt would translate pertinent sections of the Buch for us about it... wink.gif
Bleyseng
He did a couple of months ago for me, can't find the damn post. It looks like a US model as it has the sidemarkers and US turn signals.

Geoff
tod914
Did Euro cars get the big bumpers too? I always assumed they remained with the smaller bumpers?
Yes but but without the shocks and heavy metal bumper from what I was told. A guy was selling his 75 front bumper off his Italian car. Told me it had Porsche embossed on it as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.