Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 911 front suspension on SF Craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
strawman
I just bought the rear suspension from him, but he's got two early front suspensions (3" spacing) for sale. Easy/cheap way to get 5-bolt setup on the front of your car. He also has a complete front thru-body sway bar. Located in Fairfield, CA.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1006240396.html

The guy's name is Larry and I told him I would post this on this website.

Geoff
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(strawman @ Jan 25 2009, 08:18 PM) *

I just bought the rear suspension from him, but he's got two early front suspensions (3" spacing) for sale. Easy/cheap way to get 5-bolt setup on the front of your car. He also has a complete front thru-body sway bar. Located in Fairfield, CA.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1006240396.html

The guy's name is Larry and I told him I would post this on this website.

Geoff

Cool... I sent him an e-mail... I'll be in that area this week!

Thanks for the heads up!
736conver
Easy/cheap way to get 5-bolt setup on the front of your car.

I disagree. Ball joints for the pre-69 911's are horible for pricing. A quick look at pelican shows them at $280 a piece. 69 -71 are $71 and 72- are $64.

May be cheap upfront but once you rebuild its gonna cost ya.
bdstone914
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 26 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Easy/cheap way to get 5-bolt setup on the front of your car.

I disagree. Ball joints for the pre-69 911's are horible for pricing. A quick look at pelican shows them at $280 a piece. 69 -71 are $71 and 72- are $64.

May be cheap upfront but once you rebuild its gonna cost ya.

I agree. If anyone does get it I have a pair of early A arms with ball joints that I wouls love to unload for any offer.

Bruce
Eric_Shea
pre-69 is solid rotor and same size pad. No advantage other than 5-lug.

These should be sold to vintage guys 912-911.

My $0.04

ALSO! biggrin.gif

I'm going to leave this up in this forum as a new reminder to place eBay and Craigslist ads in the forum for such. I just added "Craigslist" to the title. Please put any eBay or Craigslist links in there. You can put your eBay and Craiglist ads in there or you can put other peoples links in there as a public service. I think it's very cool of people to find stuff on eBay or CL and post it here. Thanks smilie_pokal.gif
strawman
D'oh! I forgot about that forum for Ebay and CL ads. Feel free to move this to that forum.

And I don't dispute any of the comments responding to my ad. I'm still learning about 914 & 911 interchangeability, so please don't take my blatherings as gospel!!!

Geoff

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 27 2009, 09:06 AM) *

pre-69 is solid rotor and same size pad. No advantage other than 5-lug.

These should be sold to vintage guys 912-911.

My $0.04

ALSO! biggrin.gif

I'm going to leave this up in this forum as a new reminder to place eBay and Craigslist ads in the forum for such. I just added "Craigslist" to the title. Please put any eBay or Craigslist links in there. You can put your eBay and Craiglist ads in there or you can put other peoples links in there as a public service. I think it's very cool of people to find stuff on eBay or CL and post it here. Thanks smilie_pokal.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.