Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mojorisen914
I'm sure someone on here can tell me which center cap will fit these Fuches. If anyone has a pic(s); that would be appreciated.

Thanks peeps!
Click to view attachment
hcdmueller
The factory center caps are NLA. They are a thin stainless steel and are really delicate. They are very easy to destroy when you are taking them out of the wheel. I just bought a set of billet aluminum ones from thesamba that fit well and look pretty close to original.
hcdmueller
Here is a link to the classified add on thesamba.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=104165
Dominic
This is what the stock center caps look like, although these in the picture have been straightened.

Was not aware these were NLA? I would still try calling Kenn in the parts dept at Hennessy Porsche, he had the best deal on new OEM center caps last year when I bought a set.

http://hennessy.porschedealer.com/

Good Luck!
mojorisen914
Ok, dumb question but is there any other styles that will work?
VaccaRabite
Are your Fuchs real or knock off?
If not real, then they use different center caps (or so I have been told.)

The real ones did not come painted as yours are, but lots of people painted them...
Mark Henry
make sure those are real fuch's and not repro's, on the back of the rims they will have a 914 xxx xxx part#. I believe the repro's have a bigger hole and take a plastic cap.

Don't think there's any other caps for the real fuch's, you could powder coat the samba caps any colour.

(Zach beat me to it)
Johny Blackstain
OEM center caps are NLA, anywhere. Used caps are the only ones available- on eBay, swap meets & some porsche specialty salvage yards. Caps are made of stainless steeel. Photo is of a pristine OEM center cap in a Mahle rim.
VaccaRabite
If they are the fake 4 bolt fuchs, the good news is that you have LOTS of options for the center cap, and they are cheap and readily available.

For the real ones, the only ones that I know of that work are caps that have been shown. Auto Atlanta makes a repop with a recessed center for the Porsche badge. They are looking to have the original style remade, but no word on that right now. The Samba guy is also making them from billet, and is the way to go if you don't want the badge center.

Zach
r_towle
George Hussey knows where to get center caps.
He also sells aftermarket rims and caps...
Give him a call at Automobile Atlanta.

Rich
zonedoubt
Check the hole diameter. The repro Fuchs use the 3.25" caps which can be found here: http://autoatlanta.com/model/914-0704/Sec6/914-page054.html
hcdmueller
I was dealing with Auto Atlanta when I was looking for center caps. They didn't have any as of a week ago.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 26 2009, 11:10 AM) *

George Hussey knows where to get center caps.
He also sells aftermarket rims and caps...
Give him a call at Automobile Atlanta.

Rich

QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Jan 26 2009, 12:28 PM) *

I was dealing with Auto Atlanta when I was looking for center caps. They didn't have any as of a week ago.

They have not had them for over a year. No one does, I looked last May. No US Porsche dealers, no vendors, only what I posted above.
smg914
Just don't waste your money on those plastic (chrome) ones that you see on ebay and Samba and other places. The guy selling them claims they fit all the 914-4 alloys........THEY DO NOT FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ferg
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jan 26 2009, 01:50 PM) *

Just don't waste your money on those plastic (chrome) ones that you see on ebay and Samba and other places. The guy selling them claims they fit all the 914-4 alloys........THEY DO NOT FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are talking about the ispwest one's linked above, they are cnc'd AL and although I did have to massage them slightly, they fit my real fuchs. I'd recommend them to anyone. They are very stout and although not OEM or NOS, they are "close enough" for a nice driver.

Installed on my old 2.0 Fuch

jimtab
Check with Rich at HPH in Redwood City, CA. I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't have a few sets...now what he wants for them might be something else again..... biggrin.gif
smg914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jan 26 2009, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(smg914 @ Jan 26 2009, 01:50 PM) *

If you are talking about the ispwest one's linked above, they are cnc'd AL and although I did have to massage them slightly, they fit my real fuchs. I'd recommend them to anyone. They are very stout and although not OEM or NOS, they are "close enough" for a nice driver.

Installed on my old 2.0 Fuch

No, they are not the ones I'm referring to. These (below) are the ones that do not fit 914-4 alloys. Their ads on ebay and Samba claim they fit all 914-4 alloys. Don't waist your money.
veltror
You can get centre caps here.

John Abbot vw parts

Roman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.