Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Rolex Photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
Here are some additional photos from the Rolex, hope it's not to many.
carr914
My butt has been in that seat biggrin.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

6freak
who got to drive that awsome machive?
Eric_Shea
Is Goodyear or Coker making those tires? idea.gif
ericread
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 26 2009, 11:01 AM) *

T.C.

Come on now! You can't get away with a simple statement like that! dry.gif

Tell the whole story...

Eric popcorn[1].gif

smg914
I guess the guys at Brumos don't know what they have. Their #59 914-6 GT that won the 1971 IMSA GT Championship was a 1970 not a 1971. VIN # 9140430315
carr914
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 26 2009, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 26 2009, 11:01 AM) *

T.C.

Come on now! You can't get away with a simple statement like that! dry.gif

Tell the whole story...

Eric popcorn[1].gif

Bob Snodgrass (owner of Brumos til he died almost 2 years ago), Mike Colouci (Brumos Race Team Manager) and I all grew up in Elmira, NY. In fact my sister owns the house that Bob grew up in.

I went up to Brumos a couple weeks before RennSport II. Bob took me back to the Museum. Why normally awesome it was more so, in that the cars the Factory had brought over for RennSport were there. The cars, rows of 911s, a row of Mercedes (Brumos also hasa Mercedes dealership), 906, 910, 917-10, GT-1, the Porsche Team transporter, Bob's fathers MC-TC, Indy-cars, an F-1 Jaguar mounted on the wall - it was mind-blowing. On the 2nd floor, there was a slot-car track in the shape of Monza.

Anyway, I signed the autograph boards (of anyone invited into the museum - the whose-who of racing). I asked him if I could take pictures, Bob, told me it wasn't allowed, winked, said he didn't want to see them in any publication, then turned and left the room for a few minutes.

I got to sit in the Porsche GT-1, 917-10 and the Holy Grail the champion 914-6.

Bob was truly a gentleman among men. His Funeral was held at the Stadium in Jacksonville where the Super Bowl was played due to the amount of people - racers, dignitaries, regular Joe's that came in mass to honor him. I'm so glad that a Brumos car is finally back in Victory Lane.

My CD drive took a dump, so this is the only other picture I have available right now from that trip to the museum.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Eric_Shea
from that trip that Timothy Leary and I took to the museum

I see... I see... idea.gif
mpribanic
James,
Great photo's of the Brumos cars. It was awesome to see and hear them making a few laps around the track. It was even better to see Brumos take the win. I also wanted to share a link to the 356 registry where there are some more pictures. Although they are from a 356er perspective there are still a couple good photo's worth checking out. Here's the link & I hope you enjoy!

http://356registry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5739

Drive 'Em!

Mark Pribanic
Neptune Beach, Florida
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.