Full Version: 2009 Rolex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
Here are the last few.
ericread
GREAT PICS!

Thanks - Please post more.

Eric

EDIT: Oh, I get it. You posted the other pictures in different threads.

THANKS!
Eric_Shea
The "Sir" has competition! w00t.gif

IPB Image
Al Meredith
Does anyone have the scoop on the Ford failiers?
6freak
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jan 26 2009, 06:11 PM) *

Does anyone have the scoop on the Ford failiers?

Ya its a ford .FU&%ED ON RACE DAY.nuff said
helios
I haven't heard anything outside of speed reporting during the race. All 6 that dropped out were due to crank sensor failures. I believe the Suntrust car was the only Ford powerplant to finish in DP.
ellisor3
QUOTE(helios @ Jan 28 2009, 03:32 PM) *

I haven't heard anything outside of speed reporting during the race. All 6 that dropped out were due to crank sensor failures. I believe the Suntrust car was the only Ford powerplant to finish in DP.

The two fords above were in the pit at exactly the same time, and the same ford mechanic was running between the two, looking at the same area on both cars. The story I got at the time was that is was a switch or sensor failure. The SunTrust car just simply ran on our cash, so it did not have a problem.
Al Meredith
At first I heard that the problem was the crank sensor. Then I heard that Bosch , who made the sensor, said it was the crank pully loosening and taking out the sensor. That makes more sence because the announcers said it was not repairable. I seems to me that the sensor could be replaced per the rules but not the engine. They kept saying that part was so far down in the middle of the car it couldn't be replaced. surely the sensor itself could be replaced in a reasonable amount of time.
ellisor3
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jan 28 2009, 07:24 PM) *

At first I heard that the problem was the crank sensor. Then I heard that Bosch , who made the sensor, said it was the crank pully loosening and taking out the sensor. That makes more sence because the announcers said it was not repairable. I seems to me that the sensor could be replaced per the rules but not the engine. They kept saying that part was so far down in the middle of the car it couldn't be replaced. surely the sensor itself could be replaced in a reasonable amount of time.

Here is the only information I could find. I knew Taiwan was to blame>

DAVID BROWN, Team Manager, Krohn Racing:
“The information that we have received from our engine tuner is that we suffered the same failure in the No. 75 car as we suffered earlier in the No. 76 car, as well as, we believe now, the 60, 6 and 51 cars, which is a failure of an engine component. It requires the removal of the engine, stripping of the front of the engine, stripping the front of the spare engine, taking the old part out of that and put that in the engine of the car. By the time we’ve done that, we will be in exactly the same position that we are now if we don’t run again. Therefore, there is no point in running. Very, very disappointing though it is, this is the end of our 24 Hours of Daytona.”

JOHN MADDOX, Manager CAMMER Engine Program, Roush-Yates Engines:
“Evidently we’ve got a bad batch of manufactured parts and showed poorly on the race track. There is a part that we purchased that was manufactured from another supplier that has let us down. We will be checking into it and resolving the issue.”

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.