Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colroado (914) Classic? + Porsche Parade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
The Porsche Parade is coming to COLORADO.

If anyone is interested I can help arrange a few drives, lodging, and meals. The event is being held at the mountain resort of Keystone, approximately 70 miles from Denver. This is by far, the BEST time to visit. Please let me know who is interested and I can make arrangements for a proper 914 gathering. :sharp:

This is the perfect time to plan a vacation here smile.gif

Lodging is VERY reasonable for 1 and 2 bedroom condos. ($75 a night?)

And the mountain roads are AWESOME for drives and scenery.

IPB Image

Let me know who might be interested.............
orthobiz
I am going, my first Parade ever. Driving out in either an M3 or a couple of 911's with three or four buddies. Not taking the 914. We already have a place to stay.

Two of us are PCA members. Do we have to register just to go and hang out and gawk? Any advice appreciated.

Hope to meet up with you guys there!

Paul

Ferg
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 27 2009, 05:25 PM) *

I am going, my first Parade ever. Driving out in either an M3 or a couple of 911's with three or four buddies. Not taking the 914. We already have a place to stay.

Two of us are PCA members. Do we have to register just to go and hang out and gawk? Any advice appreciated.

Hope to meet up with you guys there!

Paul

Cool, Look forward to meeting you Paul, I think you will need to register to have access to certain areas like the concours ect. PCA website has the page with all the info.

Already in the works is a Teener shin dig at Scott's house off the golf course
6freak
piratenanner.gif look`n forward to it..and yes you must register to partake in any event..I will be doing the gimmick rally and the concoure paddock and of course the AX..I may be look`n for a navigater for the rally driving.gif
Scott S
I made sure that no other family members have any claim on the house that week, so I am 90% sure it is a go. I will most likely head up on Monday morning and either do a lunch, late lunch or dinner on Monday (depending on what people prefer). Then hit the concour on Tuesday. As of now, we should have at least one empty bedroom. If I am on my own, we could have as many as 4 available for Monday night.

I have known so many of you by screen names for so long, but unfortunitely I have not been able to attend any events other than our local stuff. I would really enjoy meeting folks face to face. beer.gif
orthobiz
I understand club members only for events.

But if I want to drive out, walk around, look at cars, hang out, etc. and NOT show a car, drive a car, participate in a rally, etc., do I have to be registered?

Paul
Scott S
Hi Paul -
I am trying to figure that out right now....
GeorgeRud
If it's like past years, you have to be registered to attend and watch. They used to have social registrations (if I remember correctly), but that was a long time ago. I attended my first parade 25 years or so ago, and have had many memorable times at the events. It's kind of fun to run into members of the Porsche family looking at the cars just like the rest of the attendees.

I'd contact the PCA National Office to find out the rules these days. The national organization has taken over the running of the Parade from the local regions, so it's their call these days. Since many of the Parades have sold out on the first day of registration, they can be picky with their regulations.
carreraguy
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 28 2009, 01:28 PM) *

I understand club members only for events.

But if I want to drive out, walk around, look at cars, hang out, etc. and NOT show a car, drive a car, participate in a rally, etc., do I have to be registered?

Paul

I attended the San Diego Parade in 2007 and my experience is that if you do not enter your car in an event, you do not have to register. In San Diego, anyone could come by and view the concours cars on display or watch the autocross events (i.e. they were open to the public).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.