Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: MSD Tach Adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mightyohm
For Sale: MSD PN 8910HV Tach Adapter
Used, doesn't have the fancy red cover MSD uses now, just the bare transformer/choke with ~18" leads.

I don't need it anymore now that I am running a late tach in my car, but this is required to use an early tach (and some picky late tachs) on a car with Bosch CDI or an MSD ignition system.

It comes in the original box.

I don't have the original instruction manual, but it is available for download here:
MSD Tach Adapter 8910 Instruction Manual

Asking $20 OBO.
orange914
i may be interested...

i'm in the process of finding out if the msd 6a will work on my 73 with pertronixs ign. and stock d-jet...

i didn't know about any adaptor needed. any input, anyone? i am interested if i need this to operate the msd 6a with above combo.

mike
mightyohm
The MSD will work, and you will need the adapter for your tach to work. You could try it without, but I can almost guarantee it won't work.

I originally had the same setup on my 72 1.7.
orange914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jan 31 2009, 01:18 PM) *

i may be interested...

i'm in the process of finding out if the msd 6a will work on my 73 with pertronixs ign. and stock d-jet...

i didn't know about any adaptor needed. any input, anyone? i am interested if i need this to operate the msd 6a with above combo.

mike

thanks, but i'm passing on this. got's too much on my plate right now beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Still available? I'll take it for $25 shipped to 98208.

PM me with paypal info or if you want me to mail you a check or what not.

thanks beerchug.gif
mightyohm
sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.