Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO Fuel Tank Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nigolusa
Where do the black, Green and brown wires attach? ar15.gif Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
That lower symbol is a ground symbol. In our cars, brown is always ground. Brown goes there.

The "W" should be for the light. That's the black wire.

That leaves "G" for the gauge, and the green wire.

--DD
nigolusa
Thank you!!! Now how do I open the trunk with lost key?

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 28 2009, 07:50 AM) *

That lower symbol is a ground symbol. In our cars, brown is always ground. Brown goes there.

The "W" should be for the light. That's the black wire.

That leaves "G" for the gauge, and the green wire.

--DD

southernmost914
[quote name='nigolusa' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:26 PM' post='1127086']

Front or rear? confused24.gif

Steve

nigolusa
Rear. I inherited the car. All keys missing. Can't open the trunk where the targa top gets stored. KMA.gif

[quote name='southernmost914' date='Jan 28 2009, 02:17 PM' post='1127098']
[quote name='nigolusa' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:26 PM' post='1127086']

Front or rear? confused24.gif

Steve
[/quote]
southernmost914
Work through the engine bay. Push out (into the trunk) the the two plastic cups where the targa top latches sit when stored. Flashlight through one cup hole to see the (2) 10mm latch bolts. All the socket wrench extendtions you can find to feed through the other cup hole. Frustrating but can be done or headbang.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif smash.gif

Steve biggrin.gif
nigolusa
WOWO brilliant!!!! will try

QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:19 PM) *

Work through the engine bay. Push out (into the trunk) the the two plastic cups where the targa top latches sit when stored. Flashlight through one cup hole to see the (2) 10mm latch bolts. All the socket wrench extendtions you can find to feed through the other cup hole. Frustrating but can be done or headbang.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif smash.gif

Steve biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.