Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s aren't the only cars that Rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I thought one of my cars has a lot of rust, but it isn't worth anywhere near what this could have been. blink.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Leave a car parked on grass and you are an ass.

Yes I'm the resident poet..... biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
I think I see "Shelby" on the trunk there, whcih means someone at Barrett Jackson would bid $200,000 for that car like that:)
ericread
Rust? You call that rust?

Just polish it up a bit with "Nu Finish, The Once a Year Polish" It'll remove all of that "oxidation and buff right out.

Click to view attachment

EDIT: BTW, the FAQs mention that Nu Finish doesn't have any of that nasty "Carnuba Wax" that causes other cars to start looking dull. screwy.gif

huh.gif
Dominic
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 28 2009, 10:26 AM) *

Leave a car parked on grass and you are an ass.

Yes I'm the resident poet..... biggrin.gif

agree.gif

This is what was left of the front suspension on a 68' 911S that was parked in the grass...the rest of the car was swiss cheese as well. Notice the piece of metal I used to weld both ends of the front suspension together to allow us to safely move it. If this guy only knew what these cars would be worth someday..... headbang.gif
carr914
One of my neighbors has 2 BMW 2002's park on the grass. He used to have his early Factory 914-6 on the grass until I bitched at him. He then parked it on his driveway with a car cover over it. Down here with the rain we get, combined with the sun & heat, that car cover Fuched up the paint.

Now the 914-6 is in his garage and his 72 911 is in the grass.

headbang.gif headbang.gif

T.C.
So.Cal.914
Sad pic of a natural disaster. sad.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
ssstikircr
DANG!!! What kind of chrome polish do you think she uses paste or liquid? idea.gif
Mark Henry
Looks more like a chrome remover.....
nomore9one4
That looks like a 68 GT 500 sad.gif I would still like to have it drooley.gif
ericread
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 29 2009, 02:18 PM) *

That looks like a 68 GT 500 sad.gif I would still like to have it drooley.gif

I would bet she's more like an '85 or '86 model. Looks like she's been ridden hard and put down wet... rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.