Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Pro Engineer Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chevota79
I was just given Pro Engineer and everything works great but I am having a problem with my mouse cursor during sketch mode. When I try to draw a line for instance or click on anything in the sketch view the location where my cursor is and where the line begins is completely off. The line starts to be drawn approximately 1/8" under where my cursor is. Does anyone know why this is occurring, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh
ericread
QUOTE(Chevota79 @ Jan 28 2009, 10:01 AM) *

I was just given Pro Engineer and everything works great but I am having a problem with my mouse cursor during sketch mode. When I try to draw a line for instance or click on anything in the sketch view the location where my cursor is and where the line begins is completely off. The line starts to be drawn approximately 1/8" under where my cursor is. Does anyone know why this is occurring, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

By any chance are you using a Logitec mouse?
Chevota79
No i doesn't matter if I use the laptop mouse or my wireless mouse. It only occurs in the drawing view, it does not occur when selecting the buttons on the sides or any other menu.
charliew
I would try a different computer, just to see, there is something between the software and the hardware I bet. Is there a resolution choice? Just a shadetree guess from a old IBM guy. Really old. On the stuff my son uses (expensive cad stuff) there is a thing called SNAP. He says to turn it off I think, and check to see if you can pick a finer resolution. The grid needs to be in smaller squares in shadetree terms.
i love porsche
weird, is the line snapping to anything specific? or is it just not where you want it to be.

have you tried making the line and then dimensioning it? or checking the dimensions?

are you using some weird type of pointer?

try playing with the snap settings and see if that helps.

if not, try reinstalling. i know that pro-E is a beast to install..but it might just be a bug from the install
Chevota79
I have reinstalled twice now with no luck. And it is not the snap feature It happens the entire time. Drawing a line or selecting it. When selecting a line I have to click way above it to select it
r_towle
Try running the calibration program for the mouse. It will make you follow a line and some dots.

Rich
tod914
If the software doesn't have the "proper" license key, that could be an issue. Was with Maya anyway. Or maybe the graphics and drivers aren't up for the task? Engineering software can also be fussy about what runs well with it. Check their forums, maybe someone else has posted a simular problem.
ericread
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 28 2009, 04:23 PM) *

Try running the calibration program for the mouse. It will make you follow a line and some dots.

Rich

agree.gif

I don't know Pro/Engineer, but AutoCad has a mouse calibration setup.

Isn't there a process in Pro/Engineer that once you complete the sketch you use an "align" tool to correct the sketch to the other layers?
jd74914
Are you running a 32bit ProE with a 64bit PC? Solidworks has weird problems like that when you run it on 64bit (if it runs at all).
Chevota79
How do I get to the Calibration mode cant seem to figure out where it is.
Nana's_914
You may want to verify that your mouse and video drivers are up to date. Does the issue occur in all screen resolutions? May get better help on a dedicated drafting or engineering forum. Good luck, computer issues can be pretty annoying. I had big issues with a mac once. I was able to solve them by threatening to destroy the machine with a bat. My friend stepped in just in time. I guess technically he solved the issue, but I provided motivation.
Dr. Roger
are you using a three button mouse as suggested?

if so ....
you might need to register on-line at www.ptc.com as a user
and get help from the knowledge base created by the Pro/E user group.

google is so dang smart.
type11969
after using SW for 4 years and having to switch to Pro-E in the lab here at school, all I can say is

I loathe Pro-E. Get SW and never look back.

Otherwise nothing to helpful to add, sorry
i love porsche
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jan 29 2009, 07:18 PM) *

after using SW for 4 years and having to switch to Pro-E in the lab here at school, all I can say is

I loathe Pro-E. Get SW and never look back.

Otherwise nothing to helpful to add, sorry

we learned pro E in school and i got solid works to try and teach myself....if i can compare the two, it would be that solid works is much easier to learn, but pro E is more powerful....

its kind of like comparing ANSYS with ANSYS workbench..
type11969
I'd be interested in hearing why you think Pro-E is more powerful. I do keep hearing people say that but I have yet to see something that Pro-E can do that SW can't (and generally SW does it much more efficiently as well)

Ansys workbench is a joke. Cosmos is better than workbench and cosmos is garbage. I think Ansys should be embarrassed that they released it before giving it much much more functionality.

Sorry about the hijack.
So.Cal.914
I mouse left-handed, CS3 has a problem with this and I have to work around those issue's. Are you a southpaw? idea.gif
Chevota79
I am with you guys I know Solid Works down to a tee but it is some what limited on what it is able to do. The only reason I am dealing with Pro-E is for a class and have noticed that it is more common in industry than Solid Works.

No South Paw
Calibration Mode anyone? How do I get there
ericread
How about joining this group and asking your questions there:

http://www.proe.com/login.php?accesscheck=...featureid=17596

It looks like that site's full of real fart smellers...

errrrrr, smart fellers. biggrin.gif
type11969
Chevota, what limitations do you see? Just curious, I didn't come across any in the Pro-E class I TAed but it wasn't terribly in depth.
r_towle
QUOTE(Chevota79 @ Jan 29 2009, 05:27 PM) *

How do I get to the Calibration mode cant seem to figure out where it is.

On a PC

Start>Settings>Control Panel> Mouse.

Play around with the settings and keep trying Pro E

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.