Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I reading this right?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
http://porscheparade2009.com/registration.aspx

Do I have to join both PCA national and local, pay a 165.00 registration fee, then pay 20.00 per family member, just to walk the concour?
Mark Henry
I think it's PCA membership + $165 (includes spouse) +$20 (concours)+ $10 per kid.

Too much....not that I was going...
Ferg
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 28 2009, 01:28 PM) *

Do I have to join both PCA national and local, pay a 165.00 registration fee, then pay 20.00 per family member, just to walk the concour?

Not sure... to have your car in the concour or corral parking YES, but I read that the $165 covers all event fee's, so that leads me to believe you could pay a "cover charge" to walk the concour. I would expect that they would not shut out NON Porsche people who want to go and take a look.

Big time $, makes 914 events look like a downright steal.

Ferg

helios
I read it as a participant (ie: entering your car into the parade and/or competive event). They may have an admission, but they shouldn't require membership just to walk and drool over cars. At least I don't think the PCA has become that full of themselves.......yet.
Scott S
I have no problem dropping 20 - even 50.00 to walk the concour. However, if that fee structure is how I read it, as I told our local gang, my lunch/dinner may turn into "FUPCA" party.... sheesh. sheeplove.gif

I emailed the organizer - we'll see.....
6freak
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 28 2009, 12:28 PM) *

NO!!! The 165.00 is for all the goodies (big bag)and to partake in whatever event you would like..Im sure the public is welcome to the concour and paddock..call the chair person if you have any ?so you get a true correct anwser...good luck seeya there i hope..you`ll get it worked out
Mike
6freak
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 28 2009, 12:48 PM) *

I have no problem dropping 20 - even 50.00 to walk the concour. However, if that fee structure is how I read it, as I told our local gang, my lunch/dinner may turn into "FUPCA" party.... sheesh. sheeplove.gif

I may be a PCA member but i really dont like wine and cheese..I only do it for the track discounts and first in lines kinda stuff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 28 2009, 12:28 PM) *

The way i read it, you only have to pay those fees if you want to *participate* in the event. Meaning, having your 914 judged in the Concours ...

shades.gif Andy
Eric_Shea

And you're expecting a reply? av-943.gif

I say; let's do donuts on the golf course the night before. I can see it now... 427 Hemi Powered Luftansa burried up to it's stub axles on 17. Hmmmmmmmm, how'd that happen? idea.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 28 2009, 03:28 PM) *

This is all covered in pretty close detail in the latest Panorama, FWIW.

As the Parade is the PCA National Convention, admission (not participation...) is available to the 'spectator' events (concours, autocross...) to *members.* So your max buy-in is $42 for a national membership, includes a 'family' or 'affiliate' member.

That said, I have been to several Parade concours (with my membership card in my pocket) and no one has ever asked me to show it.

This year the $165 represents a *reduction* in typical Parade registration fees, but you have to pay extra a la carte for any competitive events (i.e. concours, TSD rallye, AX, tech quiz) in which you wish to participate. I like this approach, which was pioneered by SDPCA in about 1976... You don't want to run the AX? You don't have to pay for their trophies...

Note that this does *not* include the "meal ticket" package for all the catered lunches and banquets, nor housing.

Some activites *are* limited to Parade registrants including (inexplicably...) the Goodie Store and tech sessions.

Find someone with a new Pano and read the article...
SGB
At the Parades I have attended, the Concours was open (for viewing) to the public for no cost.
Scott S
I GOT A RESPONSE! woo hoo!!!

Here are her exact words "just walk on over..."

Let the party planning commence!!!! chowtime.gif beerchug.gif

(unless Eric Shea and I are in jail for doing some late night burnouts on the 2nd fairway and sticking glazed doughnuts in the wheel wells of some CW cars....)
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif Donuts would be funny... well, kid of.
Kirmizi
You could buy a lot of glazed doughnuts with that $165 you'll be saving...
Mike
6freak
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 29 2009, 09:22 AM) *

I GOT A RESPONSE! woo hoo!!!

Here are her exact words "just walk on over..."

Let the party planning commence!!!! chowtime.gif beerchug.gif

(unless Eric Shea and I are in jail for doing some late night burnouts on the 2nd fairway and sticking glazed doughnuts in the wheel wells of some CW cars....)

Just what i thought ...good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.