Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: F & R Steel Bumpers From '70-'73 yrs with Rubber Trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
c12croft
Click to view attachment

Collecting parts for Spring project.
Been reading old threads on backdate conversions and convinced it must happen.
So I'm seeking everything necessary to backdate and replace my perfectly fine '76 bumpers.
Looking for '70 to '73 style. Rear bumper can have square or curved license plate area.
Steel, and dent free: Probably powder coat so can have surface rust.>>> Or should I keep it chromed?
Rubber tops must be like new.
Hardware for attaching without looking Rube Goldberg.

Have budget, but budgets are meaningless anyway.
Lavanaut
I have a very nice rear bumper for sale:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=91947

bye1.gif
c12croft
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jan 28 2009, 04:35 PM) *

bye1.gif

That bumper shines like a monkey's ass. Anyone who keeps his bumper in his home is as wacked as I am. I had half my car scattered around my bedroom, wouldn't trust my garage.
Only thing is,
c12croft
QUOTE(c12croft @ Jan 28 2009, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jan 28 2009, 04:35 PM) *

bye1.gif

That bumper shines like a monkey's ass. Anyone who keeps his bumper in his home is as wacked as I am. I had half my car scattered around my bedroom, wouldn't trust my garage.
Only thing is, should I go chrome or stay monochromatic????? I wouldn't bead blast that decent chrome work.
All comments welcome.............

icon8.gif
c12croft
Maybe a trade:
Front bumper (refinished) /foglights (new) /racing (new) valance and rear
Rear Bumper (refinished) / license plate lights (new)
boxstr
Your 914 looks very much one of my favorites...I have a still in the bag rechromed rear bumper with new pad. $700 plus shipping for the set.will include
all of the dogbones and studs plus nuts and bolts and washers to mount the bumper.
If interested in painted bumpers let me know.
email at camp914@comcast.net
CCL
c12croft
BEAUTIFUL,
thanks for responding CRAIG,
nice look< I think the painted bumper works better in this look, but if the window trim stayed chrome I think the matching bumper works as in this..........
sorry, spent too much time copying picts of other's cars (not stalking, just admiring)
Sure would like to see what you have.
boxstr
I brought the rear bumper post back to the top.

Actually your car looks good with the BBB's.
CCLINBADINBLACK
ConeDodger
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 31 2009, 09:01 PM) *

I brought the rear bumper post back to the top.

Actually your car looks good with the BBB's.
CCLINBADINBLACK

agree.gif I think you have uncovered the secret to making the BBB's look good. Flares and spoilers! It doesn't hurt that the car is black too!
number6
QUOTE(c12croft @ Jan 28 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Looking for '70 to '73 style. Rear bumper can have square or curved license plate area.
Steel, and dent free: Probably powder coat so can have surface rust.>>> Or should I keep it chromed?
Rubber tops must be like new.
Hardware for attaching without looking Rube Goldberg.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be posting for sale tomorrow or the next day a set of very straight painted bumpers off a 1971 car. No bumper pads, unfortunately, as those are spoken for. I'll be looking for ~$175 per bumper. Will also have amber fog lights and fog grilles off same car.

-duc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.