Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT Whitewall tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
This was posted on an Am rod forum I spend my nights on and I thought you guys might appreciate it too, seeing as how whitewalls go on VW's and 356's too. It is a look inside Diamond back tires whitewall process. They use modern tires and vulcanize the wall on. This supposedly stays white longer than the old methiood of grinding the blackwall down to reveal the white. Coker also uses old tire molds with modern rubber which has it's benefits on a show car, but I know several people with Cokers on a street car and they HATE them, I assume because of the old tread design and small sizes. Anyway enjoy the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/rpettycustommu...iamondbackTour#
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 28 2009, 10:02 PM) *

This was posted on an Am rod forum I spend my nights on and I thought you guys might appreciate it too, seeing as how whitewalls go on VW's and 356's too. It is a look inside Diamond back tires whitewall process. They use modern tires and vulcanize the wall on. This supposedly stays white longer than the old methiood of grinding the blackwall down to reveal the white. Coker also uses old tire molds with modern rubber which has it's benefits on a show car, but I know several people with Cokers on a street car and they HATE them, I assume because of the old tread design and small sizes. Anyway enjoy the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/rpettycustommu...iamondbackTour#

Ever looked at a 356 show car with the correct Coker tires on it...
I think they are 3 inches wide at the contact patch...scary stuff to drive on...and bias ply...

Tom has the original set of tires on the original rims that came with his speedster...yes I told him he is nuts. The tires look like truck tires..super tall and 3 inches wide.

rich
scotty b

No kidding. I've got an original A tire hanging in the garage at home. No good, but cool wall art. O.E. German manufacturer and all. Not much there for road gripping unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.