Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's out of hibernation ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
You gotta love those CA winters ... biggrin.gif

Lifted the car cover today, drained all the water out of the trunk, checked the oil, turned the key and vroooom, she fired right up after sitting for two months. piratenanner.gif

Hail to modern fuel injection!

I'll be driving her to the car wash tomorrow and clean her all up for the breakfast on saturday.
driving.gif Andy
904svo
CA has WINTERS? Whats that below 60 degrees.
SirAndy
QUOTE(904svo @ Jan 29 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Yeah, it rains every once in a while ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
veltror
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2009, 08:03 PM) *

Yeah, it rains every once in a while ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

s/rains/sunshines/
ericread

It's obvious you Georgia folk don't really understand the hardships winter puts on us Californians.

Although I live down south (just south of LA) it still can be pretty tough!

For example, on Tuesday morning it was a freezing 46 degrees in my ride to work! Combine that with some serious rain sprinkles in the three or four preceeding days, and you can only imagine what we have to content with.

And quite frankly, although it should hit the mid-70s today, the ocean is still at about 58 degrees. That can cause some serious shrinkage while surfing... Not pretty.

Eric type.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2009, 11:59 AM) *

..........., drained all the water out of the trunk, ........

Andy

And this is because of the air-to-water intercooler , or they don't sell rear trunk seals west of the Rockies?

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 29 2009, 12:30 PM) *

It's obvious you Georgia folk don't really understand the hardships winter puts on us Californians.

For example, on Tuesday morning it was a freezing 46 degrees in my ride to work! Combine that with some serious rain sprinkles in the three or four preceeding days, and you can only imagine what we have to content with.

And quite frankly, although it should hit the mid-70s today, the ocean is still at about 58 degrees. That can cause some serious shrinkage while surfing... Not pretty.

Eric type.gif

I'll trade you. Hasn't been above 30 degrees here since Jan 12th. Coldest was Jan 16th (see pictures) Now that is f'n cold. Going to hit a high of 12 tomorrow with windchill at a high of -5. dry.gif Oh and all you warm wather people suck. laugh.gif

Millerwelds
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 29 2009, 12:30 PM) *

Eric type.gif

No kidding....These California winters can be a bitch. I actually had to take the top off the 914 for a weekend drive due to the warm tempatures. Can wreak havoc on the wifes hair.
1970 Neun vierzehn
BTW,
Today, here in the temperate climate in SW Ohio, we have this.....
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jan 29 2009, 12:43 PM) *

they don't sell rear trunk seals west of the Rockies?

They do ...

But the dumb ass PO warped the rear decklid when he mounted the spoiler to it.
It's on my list of things to fix, but i think for now, i'm just going to drill two or three drain holes ...
shades.gif Andy
pete-stevers
You are a lucky Kraut!! we have a few more months before they stop pouring salt on the roads.....and at the rate i am going on my flares and wheels...it will be at least a month or two before the wheels touch the ground.
ericread
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jan 29 2009, 12:48 PM) *

BTW,

When I was discussing the weather on a conference all earlier this week, the participants in Minnesota wanted to know if it was 46 degrees above zero or below zero... lol3.gif

Keep in mind that Northern California does get some substantial rain. Which we then steal by piping it to southern California so that our lawns stay nice and green screwy.gif

Katmanken
I heard the biggest problem with winters in Cali is that it induces chafing...

Much more painful than frostbite.....

Dr. Roger
poor andy....

probably had to reduce his sunscreen from UV #50 down to #20.

LOL..
johnnie5
I don't even keep my top in my trunk....it sits in the garage. Ahhhh, San Diego weather.... biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
Winter is a State of Mind, if you live in our State you don't mind. smile.gif
L8KTAHO
its always that nice in Reno! I keep my top in the garage too. 300 sunny days a yr. with no rain. Today was a balmy 59 with crisp blue skies driving.gif
mightyohm
Looking forward to seeing you and your car this weekend, Andy. It's been a while!
Ericv1
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jan 29 2009, 03:48 PM) *

BTW,

He didn't quite capture the half inch of ice coating everything underneath that snow. That's where the real fun begins.
jimtab
Went out for a drive today to check out the new shift bushings, etc. I think I've gotten myself the first sunburn of the year......
chocolate.curry
arrrrgh!!! my 914 is stored in a friend's garage for the winter. it's about 20F outside, and we got around 10 inches of snow early this week that rapidly turned into a sheet of ice. i just got my 914 last summer but i need my fix... californians: i am happy for you, but damn you!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.