914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
veltror
A quick video of the New Porsche Museum

Video

edit fixed
ssstikircr
Its like an adult toy store..
Rick_Eberle
Nice to see there are a couple of 914's in there!
jsayre914
drunk.gif That looks super cool. I need to see that in person someday.

what would you think is the most expensive/ least expensive car in there?

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Sleepin
...damn work firewall! I have to wait til I get home....
blitZ
Looks like a must see destination one day.

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 29 2009, 05:38 PM) *

550 Spyder or 904 / the beetle ?
stephenaki
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jan 29 2009, 02:49 PM) *

...damn work firewall! I have to wait til I get home....

Same here however...I'm gonna go see it in person this Saturday!!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I'll take lots of pictures and post them for everyone. biggrin.gif
zambezi
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 29 2009, 04:38 PM) *

drunk.gif That looks super cool. I need to see that in person someday.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

I would guess the "Porsche number 1" has to be the most expensive one. It is irreplaceable as they only made the one. and the first one built in 1948. It doesn't get any rarer than that.
JIM
914junkie
WOW! I have a new dream vacation destination.
plymouth37
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Jan 29 2009, 03:52 PM) *

I'm gonna go see it in person this Saturday!!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I'll take lots of pictures and post them for everyone. biggrin.gif

Please do, the more pics the better!
Gint
Is that the new museum? I may be going in September.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(blitZ @ Jan 29 2009, 02:51 PM) *

Looks like a must see destination one day.

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 29 2009, 05:38 PM) *

550 Spyder or 904 / the beetle ?

That looks to be a 49 bug, I am afraid it might beat out some of the others.

Cool video mate, the building is...White.

A couple quick glimpses of the 914's, it's like we drive the 'Bigfoot' of the Porsche World. They are rarely seen, even less video and many don't even acknowledge them (NARP). Good Grief.

rolleyes.gif
kenschipper
Here is a link to the English Language version. You may have to click on the word English at the top of the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzh-vRxkKQ...feature=related

Ken
stephenaki
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 30 2009, 06:07 AM) *

Is that the new museum? I may be going in September.

yes, its the new one. I am planning on going tomorrow depending on when I wake up. I have night shift tonight or at least part of the night. I love coming in so I can stick my thumb up my butt... mad.gif
Richard Casto
I can appreciate cutting edge architecture. I really can. But... After watching that video, I think that museum has a ton of wasted space. I would rather goto an old aircraft hanger that has twice as many exihibits than visit something like that building and see 1/2 as many exhibits.

It came across as sterile and pretty much like a huge coffee table book. I want not just to see the cars themselves, but examples of small details, cut aways of engines, transmissions, brakes, etc. More photos and information. Show examples of old tools and production equipment (if they exist), have a race car or engine disassembed, etc.

Regardless, it would be on my to-do list if I was able to visit the area.
Jake Raby
I have several dozen failed M96 engine parts they can display in there... Some of them are truly amazing and happened at less than 25,000 miles.

They need to concentrate on getting their loyal following back through building Porsche esngines the way they used to be and leave the museum alone..
URY914
I found these pics on the web. It kinda looks like my garage biggrin.gif ......

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.