Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo wheel on a '71 steering column. Help?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fasthonda
I would like to put a Momo on my '71. Apparently they no longer make the momo Hub (part# 8000) for the 70~71 914-4. What are my options? Can anyone confirm if a 72~76 steering column will fit on the early cars (I realize the electrical connections won't match). Any other options?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Michael
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(fasthonda @ Jan 29 2009, 05:48 PM) *

I would like to put a Momo on my '71. Apparently they no longer make the momo Hub (part# 8000) for the 70~71 914-4. What are my options? Can anyone confirm if a 72~76 steering column will fit on the early cars (I realize the electrical connections won't match). Any other options?

Michael

I went through this with my 70, the best option is to use a Dino hub and wheel.
I bought the hub from AutoAtlanta and the wheel on ebay.

Jerry
SirAndy

Can anyone confirm if a 72~76 steering column will fit on the early cars (I realize the electrical connections won't match).

You can, but it's a MAJOR "Pain In The Ass" rolleyes.gif

There are a few threads about that floating around here. I've done it once (mounted a '74 column in a '70 car) ...
barf.gif Andy
justme

Michael

Hi Michael,

I believe you can get one on ebay for $72, shipped

Do a search under 914 momo, I think they have both pre & post 71 hubs

Cheers
underthetire
I actually drilled the hub out of my stock steering wheel and made an adapter to space it forward. But then again I have access to a lot of machine shops. Was able to use my stock horn plate and cancel ring and everything. easy piece to make.
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(justme @ Jan 29 2009, 07:50 PM) *

Michael

Hi Michael,

I believe you can get one on ebay for $72, shipped

Do a search under 914 momo, I think they have both pre & post 71 hubs

The 70-71 Momo hubs on Ebay are for the 914-6. Will not work on a 4. As far as I know Momo no longer makes a hub for the 70-71 4's.

Jerry

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.