Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Busy busy...... what have you done lately?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So as the winter is here and we are getting ready for this new season of 914 fun, more importantly autocross, what have you got done so far.

Well, today was a busy work day for me but I was able to get a little done for my car. Mind you I did al of this in my suit.

Took the studs out of the old hubs and put them in the new. Pressed the new hubs into my new trailing arms. piratenanner.gif

Took apart two axles to get the shafts ready to be machined and put them into the parts washer.
Eric_Shea
Look'n Good smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
Schweet!

I built a new computer this week. Been waiting a couple of years to get this done. My desktop was the slowest box in the hose. My phone had more processing power than the old unit. I wish I'd done it sooner. Built a makeshift router table a couple of weeks ago to finish a coffee table update I've had planned. Almost have the all of the right parts to make a decent working exhaust for my blast cabinet so I can get back to work on restoring /6 parts one of these days.
PeeGreen 914
Cool Gint, I would love to see some pics of all that stuff. Sounds like you are doing some cool projects.

Thanks Eric, I figure it is about time I get all that purty stuff you sent me on the car. I'll be sure to take pictures when I put the S calipers and all on the car piratenanner.gif

Do I need to keep those dust shields? Do they really do anything? Just curious.

Hey Eric, you said I need a spacer or something to run these Ms... what do I need? I know I need longer bolts but how much longer? I forget.
Justinp71
Let me know how the new brakes turn out, my current rear brakes are the same as your old ones, always thought about upgrading...

I've been doing body work lately, removed the side markers and now taking care of door dings, plan to go in for paint early march. I'm also going to be installing the GT chassis stiffening kit and the outer long re-enforcement kit for this up coming a/x season... driving.gif
JRust
I am currently pulling parts. Drivetrain comes out Saturday morning if all goes well. I am on some time constraints as my girls have bball starting at 12. So I'll be there & pretty much no time the rest of the day. I deliver the creamsicle for paint on Wednesday night biggrin.gif . So if I don't finish saturday it will mean monday & tuesday night after work to finish. Either way I am stoked to get the LE on it's way. Seems like I've been waiting for years wacko.gif

He will have it a good 6-8 weeks. Retired guy that work 2 days a week. The nice thing is I'll have alot more space in the garage to work on the 914-8 aktion035.gif . Of course my car funds are going into the creamsicle so won't be doing anything that costs dry.gif
PeeGreen 914
I can't wait to see how the LE comes Jamie... Why isn't anyone posting any pics of stuff they are doing? I see a lot of mention of said work confused24.gif
TC 914-8
Theres no slumping economy in the teener world, at least with you guys.

I did the rear V-caliper upgrade with vented rotors in teh rear, still waiting for the roads to clear up to bed in the pads.

Last weekend I did the steering shaft bearing, boy what a difference, still haven't taken it out for a spin.

Did a 200 watt Blaupunt Booster hidden in the center consol so now I can hear the tunes over my engine, If needed, Still haven't driven her.

added a fuel regulator with gauge so now I won't run so rich.

Oh yea, also made a alum schroud to get more air flow thru the radiator and get the fans off the radiator surface,

Added front wheel spacers to fill out the wheel wells better. Did I mention relocating The Fuel Pump.
Here aer a few picts for the record, I'll show more later.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jmmotorsports
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 29 2009, 10:22 PM) *

I can't wait to see how the LE comes Jamie... Why isn't anyone posting any pics of stuff they are doing? I see a lot of mention of said work confused24.gif

My winter project. Started with this.
jmmotorsports
Click to view attachment

Finished with this.

Jerry
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jan 30 2009, 05:00 AM) *

Finished with this.

Jerry

That really came out great.

Jon- I have been eating my heart out sense you posted those pic's. Very nice!
jmmotorsports

more
Mr.242
I think there is a hint of John Deere there...........

SHE THINKS MY TRACTOR's SEXY! aktion035.gif

It looks great....winter project and we aren't even out of winter yet. Eeesh, fast work! Hire out? biggrin.gif
Scott S
I have been busy too!!!
Scott S
I have been busy too!!!
dakotaewing
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 30 2009, 12:52 AM) *

I did the rear V-caliper upgrade with vented rotors in teh rear, still waiting for the roads to clear up to bed in the pads.

Last weekend I did the steering shaft bearing, boy what a difference, still haven't taken it out for a spin.

Did a 200 watt Blaupunt Booster hidden in the center consol so now I can hear the tunes over my engine, If needed, Still haven't driven her.

Oh yea, also made a alum schroud to get more air flow thru the radiator and get the fans off the radiator surface,

Added front wheel spacers to fill out the wheel wells better. Did I mention relocating The Fuel Pump.

Tony -
Where did you get the shroud for your radiator?
Did you make it from scratch, start with a kit ...?
Details please -

Thanks -
TE
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jan 30 2009, 05:00 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Finished with this.

Jerry

wub.gif Luv that color! drooley.gif
rhodyguy
nice jerry. you're going to get swell mpg that engine.

k
TC 914-8
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jan 30 2009, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 30 2009, 12:52 AM) *

Tony -
Where did you get the shroud for your radiator?
Did you make it from scratch, start with a kit ...?
Details please -

Thanks -
TE

Tom,
I built it from scratch, $20 bucks for the Aluminum sheet at the local HVAC shop. I laid it out and cut the holes, took it back to the HVAC shop and had them bend it up on the brake, $15 bucks.
I checked with JEGS and Summit, they had some close but for $100.00+ shipping I was better off making my own.
Good thing I paid attention in metal shop in jr high.
PeeGreen 914
Wow Jerry, that looks awesome. I love that color. drooley.gif
JRust
Ooh I got to put my new scheel seat in this morning biggrin.gif Fits my ass nice & snug aktion035.gif

Also started pulling drivetrain on the creamsickle this morning. You'll have to check that thread for pics
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Looks nice Jamie... I use to have those and they are very nice seats. Actually the most comfortable seats I had ever sat in. You can go on very long drives and your ass doesn't fall asleep.
J P Stein
Plan # 1341. I'd like to tell ya about it but if it works, I prolly won't. biggrin.gif
orthobiz
I booked out time to go to the Porsche Parade this year. Do I get partial credit for doing something 914??

Paul
Eric_Shea
Put Elephants on the front of the ass-dragger today. Made a HUGE difference.
dlestep
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2009, 07:21 PM) *

Put Elephants on the front of the ass-dragger today. Made a HUGE difference.

...I would be interested in the definition of HUGE difference...
I have been considering the same for the front suspension on my 74...
can you ...splain ?
Dave
J P Stein
I have the needle bearing jobbies. The ride can best be described as supple.....even with stout springs. The suspension moves in sync with the undulations of the road.....I guess it's harder to describe than I thought....but your butt can tell the difference. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
So the past two days I got a little done while dealing with some sick kids sad.gif . I was able to get a few old axles taken apart and pieces I need off them for the 914/944/911 alxe hub deal I am doing. Got everything ready so I can cut the four mounts off. I was able to get the new rear control arms all together with everything on. Now I just need to put them on the car but not until I am done with all the cutting and all.
TC 914-8
drooley.gif Wow Jon, Those look Sweet. How's the engine rebuild coming?
Eric_Shea
can you ...splain ?

Well... you can feel everything. I have a toe-in issue on the passengers side; as an example. I can feel everything. I was actually looking for bumps and pot holes and, hard to explain but, I could feel the front suspension working.

I have Elephants on the 911 and I'll be installing FreeMotion on the 914. I expect similar results with the 914. I'm 50:50 on both applications.

While installing the bushings I was following both Chuck's directions and the factory manual. I was able to torque the backs (crossbar 19mm) to 65 ftlbs and then torque the fronts and retain a smooth motion of travel in the arm. Amazing to be able to operate your suspension a-arm with 1 finger.

I did the same on the rear of my 914 with the FreeMotion stuff. I'm getting the fronts powdercoated and they'll be next
degreeoff
so those really work wonders huh?......275lb springs, perches, and bushings (not my derlin crap) all for my Bday.....I wish I wish I wish.....
DNHunt
New tractor motor as JP says. 2380cc, 98X78.6. 9.6:1. We'll see.
J P Stein
If that thing works right this time I'll never call the them a tractor motor again....I swear. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
That looks awesome Dave piratenanner.gif . Can't wait to see it run.

Tony, the engine rebuild is about to start this week. aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
New carpet installed & 3rd brake light

PanelBilly
I didn't do anything on my car this weekend. I had to go to Las Vegas and spend my time eating and drinking. I managed to get in a little slot time too. I'd share some of the photos of our other activities, but that would require this thread being moved to the sandbox!
jim_hoyland
New GTS seats got installed.....These are heated too. Gonna take the 12v from the relay board behind the driver seat. There are two connection posts and a relay for the rear window defrost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.